There's a DCA forum?

i think there is a corps starting up

i think there is a corps starting up

Tom Peashey will have info..no doubt.

heh. Some guy approached me a cinema prelims with a sheet of paper that said they were starting a senior corps. But "first" he had to solicit me for lessons for me, my kids, whomever. He failed completely to mention to me (orally) about the senior corps.

I refused to take the paper.

The NEXT person he approached, he started with "we're starting a senior corps".

I shouted that he should have approached me about that first!

Edited by apoch003

:ph34r:

WHY AREN'T YOU GUYS NEAR PORTLAND OREGON???  I wanna join!

Try contacting the guy who posts here on DCP by searching for his username of "Goldsmith1210". (The Search function is located in the upper right corner of this page) When it displays past postings of his, click on his username in the upper left hand corner of the post. That will bring up his profile. From there you can click on "Send a personal message" under Communicate.

Good luck,

Rice

Yes there is a senior corps starting in Portland. We meet every Wednesday at the Shriner’s hall in Wilsonville. We really need lower and middle brass players, but there’s plenty of room for anyone at this point. We are a small group in the beginning stages and would love to see some more people involved. If anyone is interested in joining, drop me an email and I will fill you in on the details. It’s really fun to play again, after not for a very long time. :P

heh.  Some guy approached me a cinema prelims with a sheet of paper that said they were starting a senior corps.  But "first" he had to solicit me for lessons for me, my kids, whomever.  He failed completely to mention to me (orally) about the senior corps. 

I refused to take the paper.

The NEXT person he approached, he started with "we're starting a senior corps".

I shouted that he should have approached me about that first!

I don’t know if shouting alone would have been the appropriate response to what must have been a horribly traumatic experience. I really can’t relate to how violated you must of felt. :grouphug:I probably would have took the flyer and thrown it away if I was not interested, but you must have been truly mortified. :( One day they will catch that flyer bandit and his rein of terror will be no more.

Edited by argonaut