Lasting Memories from 2005

While I posted a full review today in the review section, I wanted to take a moment to share the things I walk away from 2005 with the most powerful memores of:

Phantom Regiment -- This whole show was simply amazing. Beautiful, High Energy, Incredibly detailed design - with every thought working perfectly. And what an incredible hornline.

Carolina Crown -- What a beautiful hornline. Drop dead gorgeous, deep, dark sound. And the incredible sound they produced at low, exposed volume levels. Double Wow. Their ballad was my goose bump moment of the year. The choreography was perfect for Sarah M.'s Angel. Wow.

Cadets -- The Cadets of old -- artistic, hearfelt -- are back. I loved the show. Highlight for me was the Dancer in the Dark Ballad where the school girl dressed as the Sorcerer "conjurs" up the drum line and puts them in line one at a time, all at the same time the hornline produces a moving and haunting ballad. Just an "enchanting" moment. Genius. Loved it.

The Crowd Reaction for Phantom Regiment -- When they announced this corps in 3rd, the Crowd started applauding, then standing, then cheering, then roaring. The showering of love the crowd on Saturday night will stay with me a long time.

There you have it. My moments of 2005. Thank you to all the corps for a strong year, but thank you especially to the Cadets, Crown and Phantom Regiment.

Harvey