Attn corps members

Attn corps members,

I was just wondering if during the course of the season if you got a chance to watch any performances of the other corps? Even though it is a competition, which shows did you really like? What music was your favorite? Did you ever wish you were marching with a different corps after seeing their show?

I remember in high school after a band competition(unfortunately I never knew about corps back then), when everyone went back to the buses, I couldn't wait to get changed and get back to the stadium so I could watch the other bands. With corps, it doesn't seem like you get alot of chances to do that.

And for the corps who don't make finals, do most of you stay around for the Saturday show, or do you head home after you're done performing the last time?

From a corps member's perspective that has not had the opportunity to perfrom in finals, yes we do get to watch the top drum corps perform somewhat often. SCV was by far the best overall show in my opinion... at semifinals that was the only show I cared to watch. Also, come finals night many div. II/III corps come to finals to check stuff out too. I find that the longer I am in the activity though, the harder I am to please and the less I am interested in watching many shows. This is just me though, I'm sure there are others out there that are just the opposite.