DCA Corps, I Need Your Help!

This is for any DCA corps planning to compete in Prelims/Finals over Labor Day weekend in Scranton:

I need the following information from your corps director or other authoritative source:

1) Corps' name and hometown

2) Corps' show theme or show title (if no show title, then the tunes in your repertoire would be fine)

3) Your drum majors (the ones who will be your DM's at the Championship).. with pronunciation help, if you think it's necessary!

That's the format for corps' announcements at DCA Prelims and Finals. (Actually, it's pretty much the format for any show I work!) So you won't need to bring your program-book/announcer's sheet writeups.

I know I have some info from the corps I have seen so far this season, but those corps can send stuff to me anyway, in case a name has been changed, etc.

I REALLY need help from the Class A corps... with the exception of Heat Wave, I haven't had a chance to see any of those corps yet. (I'll see the White Sabers this weekend in Syracuse.)

PLEASE E-MAIL ME with your information when you get a chance:

haring@prodigy.net

And PLEASE, it must come from an authoritative source, so the announcements are as accurate as possible.

So if you're Joe Schmoe in the third soprano line and you think you have an idea what your corps' information is but you're not sure, save yourself an e-mail. (Nothing against third sopranos, believe me!)

I do NOT need information from the mini-corps or the Alumni corps. That, I'm assuming, will be handled by whomever is announcing those shows. I'm only the prelims and finals guy.

THANKS in advance for your help....very much appreciated!!!

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

2005 Stealthmen, from Area 51, Nevada present: "Now you see us, now you...oh wait, you don't see us, do you?"

Drum majors: Harry Houdini and David Copperfield.

:lolhit:

Here is their 2004 Corps Photo...they were only wearing shoes at the time.

StealthmenCorpsPhoto.jpg

Edited by RumpsPlayer2000

:spit:

:ph34r:

:lolhit:

TOO funny

<---- in awe

:blink:

that could be the funniest picture ever posted :ph34r:

Sorry it's late Fran. I tried to fax it to you last week.

Corps Name: Bar Flies

Location: Based out of Al’s Trailer down by the river, Newport News, VA

Drum Major: I. M. Bitter

Corps Director: Al A. Moni

Show Title: “I never loved you either Be-yotch.”

Concept: The show concept was developed during happy hour and well into the early morning at Moe’s bar where Bud drafts are only $0.75.

The show starts with the catchy little Ray Charles tune “Hit the Road Jack.” The corps hopes to illustrate the initial pain of separation between two caring people when things go bad. The audience should listen for the use of authentic household items like pots and pans and smashing beer bottles. The use of these percussion specialties really brings this song to life. The corps continues on to the Led Zeppelin work of art “Dazed and Confused.” Here the corps tries to pull the audience into despair, showing the audience the black hole that is love. After a good cry, the tempo picks up a bit as and the corps slurs out that ELO classic “Evil Woman.” Here the corps proves to anyone that will listen for the price of a draft beer that it was all her fault it did not work out. The closer brings hope to the audience with Stephen Still’s timeless masterpiece “Love the One You’re With.” The corps shows us that love may be as close as the bar stool next to you. And when love smiles at us with that toothless grin, remember its last call.

(this is an example of why corporate America needs to end senseless meetings)

Corps Name:    Bar Flies

Location: Based out of Al’s Trailer down by the river, Newport News, VA

Drum Major:    I. M. Bitter

Corps Director:    Al A. Moni

Show Title:    “I never loved you either Be-yotch.”

Just my opinion, but I think this show would work better with narration. ^0^

Fran