prelims order?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be interested in how the prelims seeding was determined as well.  If it is an average of all August scores then it should look like this:

Frontier

Crusaders

Kilties

Sunrisers (August scores avg = 72.55)

Grennies (August scores avg = 76.54)

Skyliners (August scores avg = 76.88)

Hurricanes (August scores avg = 78.26)

Gold (ONE score for August 6 = 78.3)

CorpsVets (2 August Scores avg = 80.96)

The rest of the seeding makes sense for the most part.....

I know that Frontier and Cru are mot member corps and Lilties are associate  members.  Gold is a member corps (at least that is what the DCA website says).

Can anybody shed some light?????

Hurcs average for August is 81.2315

I haven't check the rest, but they look good.

Hurcs average for August is 81.2315

I haven't check the rest, but they look good.

Hurcs 4 August Shows:

Kingston 74.075 + 76.650 + 80.675 + 81.788 = 313.188/4 = 78.297 (Did I miss a show?)

Anyway, the point is....I am still confused.

CorpsVets had 2 show scores with the average = 80.96

Sun scored below Gold last year + their August avg is below as well

Sky tied with Gold last year and their August avg this year is below as well.

I am not on any band wagon and the performance order is a moot pont now that it has been decided but based upon the reasoning that seeding is either based upon an average of August scores OR last years placement, the seeding still dores make sense....unless their is some strange formula

The rule begins with your two highest August scores averaged.

Then if you did not do two, it goes by your placement in last year's championship.(ie Minn & Renegades). If you did not compete last year then you are considered a new corps and must go before the others.

That's what I know of the rule.

So the first place corps this year could decide to not compete in August next year and still perform last in next year's prelims?

Something's not quite right about that.

say the Renegades or MBI did win. that is the same rule they have been going with for years now. why should it change to be any different for next year IF they were to place in first this year? i don't see any uproar about them appearing in the positions they were at finals last year currently. is it only if they came in in first place you would have a problem? :rolleyes:

trying to understand your position on this.

So the first place corps this year could decide to not compete in August next year and still perform last in next year's prelims?

Something's not quite right about that.

Okay, but that would NEVER happen. That corps would be the scourge of DCA...there'd be zero judge's comments for them to improve their show upon, their scores from July would be a lot lower than corps that DID compete in August, and the whole drum corps community, DCA and its fans would boo them off the field.

It's a non issue.