Best Hornline ever in DCI......

DevsBari02

218 members have voted

1. 1. Best Hornline ever in DCI......

• 1989 Phantom Regiment - (New World Symphony)
    • 1996 Phantom Regiment - (Defiant Heart)
    • 1991 Star of Indiana - (Roman Images)
    • 1980 Spirit of Atlanta - (Georgia/Let It Be Me)
    • 1975 Madison Scouts - (Slaughter on 10th Ave/McArthur Park)
    • 1988 Madison Scouts - (Malaguena)
    • 1992 Blue Devils - (Cuban Fire/When a Man Loves a Woman)
    • 1994 Blue Devils - (My Spanish Heart)
    • 1989 Santa Clara Vanguard - (Phantom of the Opera)
    • 1972 Anaheim Kingsmen - (Sing Sing Sing/King of Kings)

Most people, including myself, believe Star 91 had the best hornline of all time. Geez, that was over 10 years ago. I think their mellophone line played more notes than their snare line, and it was CLEAN.

i don't know...

cleanliness doesn't make up 'the greatest hornline of all time' in my book. i find that show rather boring, except for the end of the opener, and the very end. i'm still waiting for ANY star hornline, including blast or BT, to play loud. they nailed attacks and releases, but where's the volume, boys?

my pick:

cadets 2001.

the most musical line i have ever heard...they had it all.

my pick:

cadets 2001.

the most musical line i have ever heard...they had it all.

I can't disagree with this pick.  2001 Cadets brass set the bar a little higher than ever before in the eyes (ears) of many I've talked to. (And I'm not laughing.....)

On the other hand, I wish you would take another listen to Star '91.  That line was truly awesome and I can tell you from standing in front of them a few times that year, they could produce plenty of volume.

[

(sorry containing laughter)....ill be o.k. promise

:P  :P  :P Soorey.And Im an alumni.lol.

J

PS  How can cleaniness not be a consideration?Not loud?What the....?There is no way  for 70 horns to not be loud (or evil,lol) unless you're at the wrong stadium.Just mho. (8-]

K, looks like Im getting some flack about this....so let me explain my reasoning.

I just dont think that any hornline of todays standards can compete with the lines that drum corps has had in the past. With the addition of the Bflats and just the way the activity is going, I dont think the hornlines of current are as up to par as the ones of the past, not to say that they are bad lines.....just my personal opinion and I know that may not always sit well with others. Dont want to #### anyone off I just dig the older drum corps more than I do the 2000+ corps. Guess Im just #####ing as an age out  :D

K, looks like Im getting some flack about this....so let me explain my reasoning.

I just dont think that any hornline of todays standards can compete with the lines that drum corps has had in the past. With the addition of the Bflats and just the way the activity is going, I dont think the hornlines of current are as up to par as the ones of the past, not to say that they are bad lines.....just my personal opinion and I know that may not always sit well with others. Dont want to #### anyone off I just dig the older drum corps more than I do the 2000+ corps. Guess Im just #####ing as an age out  :D

It's all good, Windham.  I respect your opinion and your willingness to express it.  That we might disagree is of absolutely no consequence to me!  What a boring world it would be if we all thought alike, right?   (:-D