American Legion Championships?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Senior portion of the title has been a part of the DCA championships for the last few years when held in Scranton under the auspices of 'Doc' Sebastianelli and the Pa A.L. This is all done with the approval of the American Legion National Headquarters and the National Committee. Certain requirements as to Post sponsorship and an Honor Guard displaying a Post flag are made and if the first place corps does not fulfill them, it is possible for a lower placing corps to be named the A.L. Senior National Champion. Corps members being A.L. members is no longer required.

Now with DCA to be held in Rochester, I think that the title will be part and parcel of the regular 'Parade of Champions' show held in Scranton each year. Then again I may be incorrect in that assumption.

The Junior portion of the title hasn't been awarded in quite a few years and I don't know of any plans to bring it back, yet.

Ray

that's because there is no formal website for it.

Wow Jeff,,I really expected you to unload on them :P

Interesting trivia (well to me anyway) if the AL Championships do not resume.

If so, Reading will be the winner of both the last AL (2005) and VFW (1962) Sr Championships.

Wow Jeff,,I really expected you to unload on them :P

I did. Doc didnt like my letter to the Scranton paper i found out later.

my guess is the regular seasons Scranton show will go back to being AL finals like before.

I did. Doc didn't like my letter to the Scranton paper i found out later.

my guess is the regular seasons Scranton show will go back to being AL finals like before.

What I meant to say was I was expecting you to blast them here.