$100 hypothetical bet #3

The Academy - to win  

134 members have voted

1. 1. The Academy will finish? (O/U p1.5D2)

• Win D2 in 2006
    • 2nd place or lower D2 in 2006

Also might have VK back sometime soon too. I'm guessing they would probably have to do a year in Div II if they do come back.

VK is coming back?? Who is starting them up? What's the latest on them? b**bs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VK is coming back?? Who is starting them up? What's the latest on them? b**bs

http://www.vkyao.org/

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.org/forums//ind...showtopic=70994

this thread reminds me of the beginning of the summer when Yamato and Revolution were proposed to win, then what happens, Tei Pei Yofu (spelling?) and Raiders come out on top. We will not know till a week or two before finals how this corps will stack up against the rest.

the guy above me makes a very good point. Anybody scoring above a 85 or so with 2 weeks left will be battling it out in division 2. Calling a winner now is ridiculous....making bets isnt ridiculous right now, maybe just a little stupid. (no offense)

Good Luck Academy...I can't wait to see you on the field when you get up here

• 2 weeks later...

As a person who is not personnally connected to AA, I have to say that the important thing is not what place they secure in Madison 8 months from now. I think it is more important that there is more drum corps nationally....across the whole US. I have always thought it funny that it's DCInternational, but it always seemed to be an 'east coast thing'. Now, yes I know there are awesome corps in the west, but it has always seemed that if you were good, you showed it when you packed your stuff and traveled east.

SO, for me, the important thing is:

more corps across the nation.....more high caliber corps (in all divisions), means better drum corps all around.

Sure I want my favorites to win, but isn't it just better if somebody comes in and pulls all the competition up with it by being great?

So, I hope AA kicks butt and drags DIV II/III with it all summer long...then in Wisconsin, I hope it is a nail biting fight for the finish....until then....put your money away and enjoy the fact that drum corps is still around.

Paul

ok well we all talk about corps packing up and having to head east and they aren't gonna do it, blah blah blah its gonna be hard on them....well why does it have to be just going east? have you ever thought about the corps from the east coming out to the west?

so heres the question...how would the corps from the east handle coming all the way out to cali? would they be able to handle it?

I don't think they'll win, I think they will be top 5 though. Since they have yet to compete against reigning champs ecj, and spartans they don't know what they are up against. Also, thier show last year was designed for thier tour. To peak early, unlike ecj who peak the last moment.

Good luck to all of them though

They will be "their". They have successfully toured in a limited fashion for years now. That's about as nice as saying, "I hope ECJ tours again this year. It's hard to do a drum corps tour, so it'll be interesting if they can do it yet again." :worthy:

Didn't mean to offend anyone. But I'll say it again, When they make it to Madison or a full summer of competing then, I'll count them in. I'll say the same for anyone other corps.

Yes, they "out scored the west corps corps". They also were only planning a short season, so they peaked earlier than other corps, as well. However, it's very difficult to assume that they won't be immediate contenders. Whether they win or not is almost inconsequential; it will put them on the map competitively, and will lay the groundwork for further competitive ventures.

Not assuming they won't be immediate contenders, but it's difficult to just assume they'll win.

quote name='drumcat' date='Nov 1 2005, 06:41 PM' post='1190828']

It just seems so disingenuine to hear "ya, they only beat these corps that do well by a boatload of points, so we'll see..." They're going to be very good, yet again. It will be interesting to see how they fare, but shots about whether the organization is "real" and whether they can tour are misguided at best.

I'm not the one to question, I've audito of Academy's 04 and 05 show. No doubt they could have been on the top of DIV2. But, I would just assume they'll dominate the division. It'll be hard to do.