Be vewy vewy quiet...

Cainan

The trolls were funny. It only crosses the line IMO when it gets personal, and those attacks are usually members and not the clowns joking around. Maybe some on DCP should lighten up?

Actually, Jonny, it crosses the line the instant it happens at ALL. Read the community guidelines.

DCP is and has always been a place for discussion, cameraderie, information and interaction on a respectful and mature level. George, Andrew and I set the guidelines as we did for the PURPOSE of making this place as friendly and welcoming as we could to as MANY people as we could. Those few people who think it's fun and/or funny to troll or watch trolls do their damage are not in the majority and they are certainly NOT the people we set this place up for. I know I didn't waste four years of my time and effort just so anonymous trolls could come in and make this place a cesspool of innuendo and flame wars.

There's plenty of places on the internet where trolls can do whatever they like. One in particular comes to mind.. and more power to them. Let me know if you need the link.

Stef

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read the guidlines. "...Flame-bait, trolling or flaming posts will be edited or removed, and action may be taken against the author..."

I guess my next question is what is a troll, flame-bait or flaming? I am new to this sort of thing, I just thought the "trolls" were the guys posting funny messages. If a troll is someone that posts nonsense I think that is subjective in many cases. I don't know, it just seems that this hunting troll thread is meant to be funny but at the same time about the serious business of catching some pranksters. I will do some further research on the topic.

And yes, please send me the link were trolls can do what ever they like, it might help in explaining what a troll is.

Edited by jonnyboy

A troll is someone who posts in a newsgroup or message forum for the purpose of stirring up trouble. Whether you thought it was funny or not, they were causing strife in the forums and we don't allow such behavior.

DCP is and has always been a place for discussion, cameraderie, information and interaction on a respectful and mature level.

"respectful and mature level" - You don't spend much time in the bored forum do you?

"respectful and mature level" - You don't spend much time in the bored forum do you?

Nope. I didn't even give myself access to it.

There's a reason that bored forum is on this message board.. but it wasn't my call. I claim no responsibility for it.

Stef

Bored is a different beat. rarely do you see trolls in off Topic. just us ######## regulars :P

I have pointed out trolls a few times to the admins, and will continue to do so. I know some may brag about it in various online forums and blogs, but that's ok. They just help make it easier to find them

DCP is and has always been a place for discussion, cameraderie, information and interaction on a respectful and mature level. George, Andrew and I set the guidelines as we did for the PURPOSE of making this place as friendly and welcoming as we could to as MANY people as we could. Those few people who think it's fun and/or funny to troll or watch trolls do their damage are not in the majority and they are certainly NOT the people we set this place up for. I know I didn't waste four years of my time and effort just so anonymous trolls could come in and make this place a cesspool of innuendo and flame wars.

Stef

i thought MIke New played a major part in helping with those as well. :huh:

Usual Disclaimers

w/Stp:

i thought MIke New played a major part in helping with those as well. :huh:

Not the original ones.

Once he came on staff, he was obviously involved.

When he became site administrator, he obviously had a heavier hand in them.

They were originally written by me with LOTS of input from Andrew and George, since we three were the founding staff.

Stef