DCP for sale?

Eddie

As far as I can see, there isn't a flaw. Other than how the deduction (not a credit) would work on the individual's taxes. Due to the math involved, along with IRS rules, the entire purchase price would not be deductible. But for those of us with businesses looking for all the deductions we can find, it's a semi-attractive proposition. If only our business had the extra cash-flow right now, I'd jump on this and do exactly what Wayne has proposed. To paraphrase Bill Cook, corps (plural) need to find sustainable means of income, preferably "regular" businesses that can funnel their profits into the non-profit. And there's the perfect little start-up corps in Austin... B)

Oh, and my personal opinion on this situation...hmmmm...nahhh, I won't bore anyone with it. :lol:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, i am glad to see true business discussion as opposed to some of yesterdays BS. keep it up!

Is DCP incorporated or copyrighted or is it "just owned"?

Oh and TD welcome to your lawsuit..hahaha..I got you now slandering my name!

Oh and TD welcome to your lawsuit..hahaha..I got you now slandering my name!

I think you mean libel. Slander is spoken.

As far as I can see, there isn't a flaw. Other than how the deduction (not a credit) would work on the individual's taxes. Due to the math involved, along with IRS rules, the entire purchase price would not be deductible. But for those of us with businesses looking for all the deductions we can find, it's a semi-attractive proposition. If only our business had the extra cash-flow right now, I'd jump on this and do exactly what Wayne has proposed. To paraphrase Bill Cook, corps (plural) need to find sustainable means of income, preferably "regular" businesses that can funnel their profits into the non-profit. And there's the perfect little start-up corps in Austin... B)

I don't know the 1st thing about the technical aspects of this business, but it would seem to my simple mind that a corps that already has significant server capacity for their own website could achieve some cost savings by running both sites on the same server.

Anyone know how this could work?

Well....like Jeff above, I JUST stumbled sort of haphazardly into this thread. HOLY CRICKEY!

First and absolutely foremost, I not only support George in selling it AND selling it the way he is (via Ebay--good idea--you'll get the most bang for your buck there), I am quite grateful to him for starting DCP. I'm really thankful for this place.

Secondly, just as Jeff pointed out above (see? I read your stuff Jeff!), contracts are legal and binding. I would think that if George stipulates that whatever info there is in the database on us can't be sold or whatever, than I'm pretty trusting in that happening. If that contract is broken and my info IS sold, what exactly is being lost to me? MY PRIVACY?? I have no privacy on the Internet. I get spam galore regardless of how I do or don't do things on the Internet. My info in DCP is probably not that much--and wouldn't require a huge investment of worry on my part should my "information" be sold--which amounts to my name and an email address. Big whoop.

Thirdly--I swear if I had the cash I would buy this place in a heartbeat and not CHANGE A DANG THING, other than acting on that whole "leverage" thing that George talks about. I'm not a business genius, but I could imagine that this could be a good revenue producer should someone coughRudnickicough but some coughRudnickicough effort into things and make it really coughRudnickicough sell to fan base out there. Sorry about that cough, I should get it lookedRudnicki at.

That's it from this side of the country--I'll miss you George. GREAT JOB!!!

I think you mean libel. Slander is spoken.

It was spoken, on a blog and that is evidence of slander, and I can sue on that and I can use libel too. I'm finding out all kinds of things on my research of this. :)

ok - thanks for your feedback on the sale - I do feel this thread has run it's course

Any other questions - feel free to PM me directly, post a question to the auction or eBay or email me at george@drumcorpsplanet.com

Thanks for your passion!!! :)