Hawthorne Caballeros

Mission 06:60

Launch Successful!

On Sunday, November 27, 2005 the Hawthorne Caballeros kicked off what will be a season to remember. We had a tremendous turn-out…many new faces, a great number of returning members and friends of the Caballeros showed up to launch our 2006 season and our 60th Anniversary Corps.

The energy at Post 199 in Hawthorne was unbelievable. You could feel the excitement coming from everywhere. Our new video history of the Caballeros started off with Jim Costello talking about the great traditions of the corps. Yes, Jim was there - in our spirit, our traditions and in every Caballero in the room. Past, present and future.

Frank Gerris and Gary Gill introduced our staff and Tony Smith brought the attendees to a standing applause with the staff’s vision of the 2006 Season.

After our orientation session we all traveled to Hawthorne High School to start our first rehearsal. You know, I have to admit – when we had to move the horn line from the band room to the large gymnasium because we had so many players, I had goose bumps…and we hadn’t even played a note. The sounds coming from the horns, the drum-line and the color guard rehearsals kept observers running from gym to gym. Then we got together for our first 2006 rehearsal wrap up. The drum line and pit presented the results of their rehearsal – strong basics and exercises filled the room. The horn line then performed parts of the opener followed by a beautiful and graceful demonstration from our color guard.

Yes, the Caballeros are excited about 2006 – you can feel the energy from Hawthorne, New Jersey. It is just the beginning. The beginning of a history making year – so come on down and check us out. Details about our first camp scheduled for December 10th and 11th to follow shortly!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a new member's perspective.... What an amazing weekend. The barrage of greetings and warm welcomes, not to mention the enrergy and excitement generated by all the returning members towards the new members. It all made the 8 hour drive (10 for return because of bad weather) well worth it.

The Cabs are atruly a class act. I'm very impressed witht the whole organization and I'm now doubly excited about being part of mission 06:60.

Mario

Cabs Tuba 06

Mario, it was a great weekend and it was nice to meet all you guys. Looking foward to more good times! The opener rocks!!! B)

I would give just about anything to make it up there for a rehearsal, let alone actually participating.

Wow,

I don't even know where to start.

The staff that the admin has put together this year is just WOW ^OO^ Some of the things that they are already doing. First Day Visual Staff doing some basic Visual stuff with new members in the hornline arc getting them to be more comfortable etc. They also gave me pointers and I felt better. I think I played a little better too (can you believe that)

Tony Smith boy I don't know about the rest but when he was talking about the show. I almost felt like I was in a baptist church with him talking and us answering and clapping.

The Music :) the music.. ^OO^ Let me tell you I am sure it will be a crowd pleaser. Even warming up has a whole new feel to it. Exciting I tell ya!!

Then the new Members they all were pleasant smiling happy faces. You have to love that. Glad to have them.

This is Going to be really a Great year. I feel that some really good times are going to be happening in many ways Music, Entertainment, Fun and alot of friendships continuing along with others being made. I am looking forward to meeting all the new people and making New Friends..

HOW Good did it feel. I can't wait for Dec 10th and 11th to get here.

You know I don't want you to take my word for it. Come down and see for yourself.

Edited by Bond624

Stay tuned for pictures..........

I had a fabulous Sunday. To see all my old friends and meet some new ones.

I never thought I'd ever have the chance to have all 5 of us together again and marching. That is, the original lead mellophone line from 2003 and 2004.

It was so incredible to feel the energy from the whole corps and the promise of the future.

Is it December 10th yet!?!?

I LOVE BEING A HAWTHORNE CABALLERO!!

CABALLERO PRIDE!!