DCP Sale Process A Success - Transition Period Begins

George

Dear Community,

The sale of Drum Corps Planet has been finalized.

During the past week there was a great deal of interest in purchasing the site. All the bidders and suitors were wonderful people who loved drum corps. I thank each of you for your interest and belief in the value of this project.

While the financial transaction has been completed – it will take the next 60 days to work thru the details of full transition to the new ownership. There is a lot of work to be done to ensure that this transition process is completely transparent to the community and that things continue to operate without interruption. Both the new ownership and I are dedicated to this plan and will appreciate your patience and continued support during this period and beyond.

We’ll provide more information about the new ownership at the end of the transition period – but in the meantime, I am delighted to report that they are long-term supporters of the activity, they have been successful in the business world, and most importantly, that I have been assured that they have every intention to keep DCP in the same track it is now – providing the premier forum for lively discussion about the activity we love.

In fact -- I feel very comfortable handing over “my baby” to the new owners. They bring a great deal of enthusiasm, experience and, importantly, ample resources to this project. They also share my love for the activity, and hold an honest appreciation for the unique benefits which drum & bugle corps provides to fans and marching-members alike.

In short: they are good people.

DCP has been an exciting project for me personally – a learning experience, a life-enriching journey. However, it was time for me to step-aside and watch as the true potential of this project is expertly leveraged into reality -- for benefit of activity, fan and marching-member alike.

In closing – I would like to thank everyone involved in this project from inception through today – you HAVE made a difference. DCP HAS made an impact. I thank each of you for your help, your faith, your participation…

Take care, and watch for more information in about 60 days.

And remember: this is a drum corps planet.

George. B)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear DCP Community Members,

As George has just stated, the sale of Drum Corps Planet is now legally complete.

We will now enter a 60 day stage of ‘transition’ during which George & I will be working hand in hand with the new owners to ensure a smooth transition for the community.

During the sale and transition process George felt it was important that I, your Community Administrator, acted as a representative member-voice. I’d like to report that it was an inclusive process, which the new owners fully supported, and that throughout the process member privacy concerns and member services were kept central at all times.

I have found the new owners dedicated to expanding DCP to heights that have not been realized. I look forward to working with them after the transition period - continuing to improve the site and member services.

In closing, I would like to thank George for his service to the drum corps community in founding and helping fund this site over the past several years. George could have elected to sell his site to the random “highest bidder” – instead, he decided to sell it to the right bidder …

So it comes to DCP - the future is bright!

Watch for the public transition announcements in about sixty days,

Rich Kleinman

DCP Community Administrator

George:

2.gifThank you for creating and fostering DCP.

New Owner:

2.gif

Welcome to lots of gryping, harking, complaining, whining, pasion, joy, love, spirit, and most of all work.

During the sale and transition process George felt it was important that I, your Community Administrator, acted as a representative member-voice. I’d like to report that it was an inclusive process, which the new owners fully supported, and that throughout the process member privacy concerns and member services were kept central at all times.

Rich, could you explain what you mean by "inclusive process"?

No problems, just making sure we all (OK, dummy me :rock:) are on the same page.

Rich, could you explain what you mean by "inclusive process"?

No problems, just making sure we all (OK, dummy me :blink:) are on the same page.

No problem Jim.

It was a collaborative effort, "inclusive", rather than the new ownership coming in and saying "this is how things are going to be". They REALLY want to do what's best for the community, and were sensitive to the concerns that were expressed when the sale was posted.

Well congratulations to George, and to the new owner. I feel confident this will work out better in the end.

:)

Good luck George and thanks for providing us fanatics a place to come and hang out. :)

Who is the new owner?

I hope that George and Rich stick around the forums, and dont leave just because they can :P

~>conner

Who is the new owner?

Details, as well as an FAQ will be provided after the end of the transition period - which we hope to conclude by the end of January.

I hope that George and Rich stick around the forums, and dont leave just because they can :P

~>conner

Conner, I'm not going anywhere, I will continue as the CA here at DCP. :)