DCP Sale Process A Success - Transition Period Begins

George

Who is the new owner?

We won't announce the new owner until we finish transition - not because it is a big secret but because we need to allow them to prepare an organizational structure prior to assuming the very public role of "owning" dcp - it is literally a 24 hour day / every day job.

But at this time I can announce:

The following people did NOT buy DCP:

1. George Hopkins

2. YEA!

3. The Cadets

4. USSBA

5. A "Certain" Drum Corps

6. Any drum corps

7. Any drum corps organization

8. A drum corps "celebrity" - famous director, designer or staff member...

9. A rival website - aka RAMD did NOT buy DCP (sorry Catherine)

10. a top 100 posting DCP member

11. Star of Indiana

12. Bill Cook

I could go on, but I wont.

Suffice it to say: its no one "famous" in our drum corps world that you would possibly name - so don't bother guessing.

It's just a small group of folks who love the activity, this site and have the know-how to get the job done, and the belief that dcp matters. But they need time to transition / and the community deserves that / they deserve that...

So...

In 60 days we'll introduce them.

And yeah - Conner - I'll hang around.

:)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading some of r.a.m.d. concerning this, I will ask the following:

Why was it a private auction? why the concern for the "right" seller all of a sudden?

Why were some of the people who bid on DCP the first time not invited to said auction?

Furthermore, if indeed "inclusiveness" was part of the process, why were the members themselves not provided a point of view during this "sale and transition"? Considering some of the calls for moderator trimming/reduction,etc seen 'round these parts; I would hardly say that having an administrator of the site represent as a "member-voice" is truly representative of the average DCP poster.

Provide some sort of feedback as to how the 12000+ members here were incorporated into this decision, as it seems that from what I get from reading, DCP was sold in order to keep one particular mindset alive (not that that isn't well within George's right, but we seem to be pushing this as a "approved by committee" sort of announcement here, which seems somewhat disingenious).

No ill will intended...just some questions I've seen around the drum corps "netiverse" that folks seem to want answered.

Thanks. :)

Reading some of r.a.m.d. concerning this, I will ask the following:

Why was it a private auction? why the concern for the "right" seller all of a sudden?

it became a private auction when it became obvious there was a great deal of interest such that I could decide who would purchase the site

Why were some of the people who bid on DCP the first time not invited to said auction?

only one person was invited - the buyer... I decided who to sell the site to / after they approached me during the auction process and it became obvious they possessed all the skills I felt were needed to leverage this site to it's fullest potential

Furthermore, if indeed "inclusiveness" was part of the process, why were the members themselves not provided a point of view during this "sale and transition"? Considering some of the calls for moderator trimming/reduction,etc seen 'round these parts; I would hardly say that having an administrator of the site represent as a "member-voice" is truly representative of the average DCP poster.

Rich & I both brought our concerns regarding member service, privacy, etc up to the buyers. We "included" the feedback the membership was sharing with us here, via PM and email.

And Rich is very in tune with the members - I have yet to receive a single shred of negative feedback regarding him from anyone. Rich rocks.

Provide some sort of feedback as to how the 12000+ members here were incorporated into this decision, as it seems that from what I get from reading, DCP was sold in order to keep one particular mindset alive (not that that isn't well within George's right, but we seem to be pushing this as a "approved by committee" sort of announcement here, which seems somewhat disingenious).

No - I am sorry if you felt the use of the word "inclusive" implied a management by committee process. I very much don't believe in management by committe. It frankly, sucks.

No ill will intended...just some questions I've seen around the drum corps "netiverse" that folks seem to want answered.

No problem. They are fair and interesting questions.

George

No problem Jim.

It was a collaborative effort, "inclusive", rather than the new ownership coming in and saying "this is how things are going to be". They REALLY want to do what's best for the community, and were sensitive to the concerns that were expressed when the sale was posted.

Thanks, kinda thought that was the answer but wanted to ask before the floodgate of questions opened up.

Think I made it just in time :P

PS - Also a good sign from the new owners....

And Rich is very in tune with the members - I have yet to receive a single shred of negative feedback regarding him from anyone. Rich rocks.

George

Yes you are so right. Rich does rock! He is so unbiased and takes care of business. I appreciate Rich! :blink:

(No I'm not just ### kissing)...lol... :P I really mean this.

Edited by Lancerlady

well i wish whoever bought it nothing but the best. :)

may DCp have nothing but a long and prosperous future! b**bs

Rich does rock. and George, you do too, even if you do like a bad football team :P

thank you for all of your hard work. Don't be a stranger.

to the new owners, when you're public, come into the Club. We're buying for you on that day.

i just put this on RAMD for those over there who call DCP the devil, yet cant stop obsessing about the place.

ok, i feel the need to say this.

for a group of people who pretty much rip DCP to shreds every time you mention it, you sure are ####### obssessed with all things DCP. so it was sold...you all hate the #### place, so why should you give a ####? have any of you ever been turned away? banned? or do you not like it cause George owned it?

really this is ####### hilarious. you all #####, but how many of you even post there? no, you just read it so you can find something else to ##### about to the same 20 people who have stayed here.

you all say George is whacked, but really, looking at your obsession with a place you claim to despise, maybe it's you who is whacked.

and ya know, in hindsight, it makes me glad many of you don't post on DCP.

i just put this on RAMD for those over there who call DCP the devil, yet cant stop obsessing about the place.

ok, i feel the need to say this.

for a group of people who pretty much rip DCP to shreds every time you mention it, you sure are ####### obssessed with all things DCP. so it was sold...you all hate the #### place, so why should you give a ####? have any of you ever been turned away? banned? or do you not like it cause George owned it?

really this is ####### hilarious. you all #####, but how many of you even post there? no, you just read it so you can find something else to ##### about to the same 20 people who have stayed here.

you all say George is whacked, but really, looking at your obsession with a place you claim to despise, maybe it's you who is whacked.

b**bs I know someone else this applies too also! Our favorite secret admirer! b**bs :P

...that we know of.

:worthy: