DCP Sale Process A Success - Transition Period Begins

George

those that do post to both are usually open about it. the rest read dcp then ##### about what they see there.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read RAMD every now and then. It flat out disgusts me these days what goes on over there. I got off on the bad foot with them about 5 years ago. I posted something on the Skyliner guestbook when I was 14 about how much fun I had with Sky my whole life. Someone copied my message thinking that it would be a good recruitment tool. Needless to say I got about 15 pages written about how I shouldn't be in 'senior' corps and I should be in DCI etc. etc. Those days make it look like DCP compared to what it is now...

I used to post on RAMD a long time ago and was one of those reluctant to come to DCP when it was first started up. Once I came on board DCP, I haven't gone back.

RAMD did help me hone my arguing skills, though. It's more an evolution. RAMD served its purpose and when DCP came along, it soon became the place to go for all things drum corps.

As one of the early members of DCP, I would also like to voice my gratification to George for all he has done creating and sustaining this group. After an early tussle with Catherine the Great (fruitcake) on "Old Style Drum Corps" and RAMD, I saw George's postings about a new and improved discussion board that would be coming soon. It was certainly what we needed and perfect timing for me. Throughout the past few years, I have been impressed by the vision, wisdom, and responsibility which George has given to the drum corps community. Now I am optimistic that he has layed the ground work such that this vital contribution to the world of drum corps may continue and thrive.

George, I am amazed at all you have done here and impressed at the manner in which you turned an ideal into a positive force for drum corps. Also, glad to know you will be sticking around. :)

Edited by Geneva

Of course Rich rocks !!! b**bs b**bs b**bs

HE'S FROM THE 70'S STYLE OF DRUM CORPS !!!!!!!!!!!!! :worthy::laugh::worthy:

(NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH ANY OTHER ERA OF DRUM CORPS ) :( :worthy::huh:

(psst - that's when I marched too !!!) B) B) :P :P

those that do post to both are usually open about it. the rest read dcp then ##### about what they see there.

Perhaps a dumb question, but why would you post to both? I used to read RAMD religiously. Lately, if I bother at all, it's just to scan the topic names. There is simply too much spam and too many psychos. I'm not in the mood to go through 5 topics to find one which may be worthwhile, especially when that's probably covered over here.

DCP isn't a perfect solution but it seems to be much more condusive to an ready exchange of information.

So am I missing something over on RAMD?

well some of us do have friendships with people there. i know both Jeff and i do. i'm sure others can say the same as well.

L

Perhaps a dumb question, but why would you post to both? I used to read RAMD religiously. Lately, if I bother at all, it's just to scan the topic names. There is simply too much spam and too many psychos. I'm not in the mood to go through 5 topics to find one which may be worthwhile, especially when that's probably covered over here.

DCP isn't a perfect solution but it seems to be much more condusive to an ready exchange of information.

depends on what you're looking for. I love when Nanci does the old articles, and some of the older folks do post some great historical stuff. Plus, what we call OT here, they call bus chatter there, can be quite fun as well.

DCP does offer a lot more of what I am looking for, and will continue to I am sure. and i know many here will disagree, RAMD does have some usefulness to it if you know where to look.

Edited by jeffsnewjetta