George

Hmm well I may know of a web site that may!!!!! :blink:

can you afford me?

:P

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite simple, Steph. The new owners have their reason(s) for not making a formal announcement until the aformentioned time frame.

Really no drama, just simple business. :)

(and Lee already announced it :P)

(and Lee already announced it :P)

Oh I thought that was just him being silly... :P

Oh I thought that was just him being silly... :P

"On second thought, let's not go to Drum Corps Planet. 'Tis a silly place."

Dear Community,

The sale of Drum Corps Planet has been finalized.

During the past week there was a great deal of interest in purchasing the site. All the bidders and suitors were wonderful people who loved drum corps. I thank each of you for your interest and belief in the value of this project.

While the financial transaction has been completed – it will take the next 60 days to work thru the details of full transition to the new ownership. There is a lot of work to be done to ensure that this transition process is completely transparent to the community and that things continue to operate without interruption. Both the new ownership and I are dedicated to this plan and will appreciate your patience and continued support during this period and beyond.

We’ll provide more information about the new ownership at the end of the transition period – but in the meantime, I am delighted to report that they are long-term supporters of the activity, they have been successful in the business world, and most importantly, that I have been assured that they have every intention to keep DCP in the same track it is now – providing the premier forum for lively discussion about the activity we love.

In fact -- I feel very comfortable handing over “my baby” to the new owners. They bring a great deal of enthusiasm, experience and, importantly, ample resources to this project. They also share my love for the activity, and hold an honest appreciation for the unique benefits which drum & bugle corps provides to fans and marching-members alike.

In short: they are good people.

DCP has been an exciting project for me personally – a learning experience, a life-enriching journey. However, it was time for me to step-aside and watch as the true potential of this project is expertly leveraged into reality -- for benefit of activity, fan and marching-member alike.

In closing – I would like to thank everyone involved in this project from inception through today – you HAVE made a difference. DCP HAS made an impact. I thank each of you for your help, your faith, your participation…

Take care, and watch for more information in about 60 days.

And remember: this is a drum corps planet.

George. B)

You did a good job with DCP, George. Congratulations.

if it's not 9 figures before the decimal, i'll save the airtime :P

if it's not 9 figures before the decimal, i'll save the airtime :P

Note Jeff did not specify which currency he takes.... :P

American Dollars.

or expensive cars.

oh a 440 square foot home with an in ground pool and 3 car garage