Ok.....here we go!

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not exactly sure how you can honestly think that Academy is going to win without much competition, but I guess I'll just have to wait until the summer to prove it to you :) Should be a good season, nonetheless

wait so you're saying how can you say they have no competition or whatever, but then at the same time you say you'll have to wait till the summer to prove it to them. Have you even seen academy? If not you can't prove anything. And if you look it seems as though most people that say Academy will win are people that have seen them before, as being the guy that you were talking to in your reply. All the east coast people say they aren't gonna have an easy time...but how can you prove that? have you seen them perform?

wait so you're saying how can you say they have no competition or whatever, but then at the same time you say you'll have to wait till the summer to prove it to them. Have you even seen academy? If not you can't prove anything. And if you look it seems as though most people that say Academy will win are people that have seen them before, as being the guy that you were talking to in your reply. All the east coast people say they aren't gonna have an easy time...but how can you prove that? have you seen them perform?

Regardless of seeing them or not, they are being lionized before they've even competed outside of the west coast. They may be good, granted. I think the point GlassmenFan is after is that no matter how things turn out, we're going to do what we do. Compete. Hailing Academy as a destroyer of competition, before they've cut their chops in a full season is foolhardy. I have nothing against the corps, or it's members. Though the fans it seems are putting a bad taste in a few peoples mouths with this "just accept your second place finish" attitude. Alot of corps that hype, never seem to follow through on it. So what reason do I have to tremble and accept anything other than the possibility of gold? I go out against anyone who will compete with me, and if they win, I'll be the first in line to shake their hands. I proved that in Brockton this year. I'll stick to that philosophy this summer too. But when I see Academy, I'm gonna march my ### off to beat them. I think any Academy member would agree that that's they would want, furthermore EXPECT, me to do. If they still march the cleaner show, I'll shake their hands like I said.

:ramd:

Done.

Regardless of seeing them or not, they are being lionized before they've even competed outside of the west coast. They may be good, granted. I think the point GlassmenFan is after is that no matter how things turn out, we're going to do what we do. Compete. Hailing Academy as a destroyer of competition, before they've cut their chops in a full season is foolhardy. I have nothing against the corps, or it's members. Though the fans it seems are putting a bad taste in a few peoples mouths with this "just accept your second place finish" attitude. Alot of corps that hype, never seem to follow through on it. So what reason do I have to tremble and accept anything other than the possibility of gold? I go out against anyone who will compete with me, and if they win, I'll be the first in line to shake their hands. I proved that in Brockton this year. I'll stick to that philosophy this summer too. But when I see Academy, I'm gonna march my ### off to beat them. I think any Academy member would agree that that's they would want, furthermore EXPECT, me to do. If they still march the cleaner show, I'll shake their hands like I said.

:ramd:

Done.

[/thread]

Interesting conversations regarding Academy. Let me also add a couple of comments. First, Academy is a class act that works hard to be better than their last performance and not focusing their efforts how they compare to the performance of others. I have watched them take to the stands to cheer on the competition, as well as shout out words of encouragement. Next, Academy is good - okay, very good - but they have never competed a full season. It's one thing to time your peak performance for the first of July, but quite another to time it for your finals performance. We have all seen at one time or another (without naming names) corps that have smoked the competition all season, only to fizzle out come finals week.

Thanks for the moment on the soapbox,

Michael

:worthy:

Interesting conversations regarding Academy. Let me also add a couple of comments. First, Academy is a class act that works hard to be better than their last performance and not focusing their efforts how they compare to the performance of others. I have watched them take to the stands to cheer on the competition, as well as shout out words of encouragement. Next, Academy is good - okay, very good - but they have never competed a full season. It's one thing to time your peak performance for the first of July, but quite another to time it for your finals performance. We have all seen at one time or another (without naming names) corps that have smoked the competition all season, only to fizzle out come finals week.

Thanks for the moment on the soapbox,

Michael

:worthy:

definitely agreed.

they have actually seemed to just come out on fire w/ very high scores in 2004 and 2005, but just stay there pretty much untill their season is over, while other corps are jumping anywhere from 1 to even 7 points a performace.

some thing can definitely be said about early season peaking...

So I just scanned throught this thread, b/c it's another one of those, who's the best corps.

I personally think it's too early to tell who's gonna be on top, most corps don't start rouding a out until around March. Some corps got the numbers, and a good show selected, but who cares. That's all show, until corps start putting out camp videos and audio then it all doesn't matter, until June.

Top 5 in no order

Academy

Spartans

ECJ

Teal Sound

OC

runner up

SCVC

IMPULSE

FEVER