This might be fun if you're willing to laugh at yourself a little

Oh, please, Malibu, post photos of yourself!

This just isn't fair!

Sally

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it's not drum corps (I didn't have the money to march) but I thought I'd share my high school and college photos:

Here's high school - Warren Central HS, Indianapolis:

SABWCFlags.jpg

And here's college - Indiana State University:

SABISU2.jpg

I know it's not drum corps (I didn't have the money to march) but I thought I'd share my high school and college photos:

If you look at them REAAAAAL quick, it looks like you brought your HS uni to college!

:P

SABWCFlags.jpg

SABISU2.jpg

This is the kind of reply I was looking for SBrancheau, and thanks! It doesn't matter a bit that

it wasn't DC. I should have said "Photo's as you aged through drum corps or Marching Band"

since I know there are so many DC/Marching Band splitters these days. Hey, that I S U band

is a great band anyway, so your post makes perfect sense! MikeD is right... you didn't change

uni style much from HS to College.

I went from HS "sweater only" uniform to Muchacho's style Vaqueros, to British soldier Guardsmen,

to Boy Scout Madison... :P ... pretty funny.

BTW, MikeD... I'm in love with the girl in your signature. Hook a brother up?? b**bs

Edited by GGarrett

If you look at them REAAAAAL quick, it looks like you brought your HS uni to college!

:P

Believe it or not, completely different!

High school was black satin corps-style shirt, gold ascot and cummerbund and a black paneled "tulip" skirt, just above the knee. We had to buy the entire thing. I still have mine. Wish I could squeeze into it...I was tiny!

College was navy blue asymmetrical-buttoned vest with red piping, long, below knee pleated skirt with red sash and white "balloon sleeve" blouse.

The only common threads are the aussie hat (black in high school, navy blue in college) and the marching boots...which I used the same pair! I took VERY good care of them. We had inspection in both high school and college, so they were ALWAYS spit-shined and polished.

I actually liked both of my uniforms. Very classy.

I also have that flag from high school. I helped the guard instructor silk screen the design, so she gave me one! b**bs

Sally

Edited by SBrancheau

These are both from 78, I should have more from earlier years....63 with a Drum & Bell corps, 73 - 75 w/SCV and some more as time goes on with various Sr. corps and Alumni corps.

Improntu rehearsal in some truck stop:

78UNK2-03.jpg

Borrowed equipment:

78Ind-01.jpg

Mike those are awesome! I get a kick out of seeing how people changed as they grew up...

You must have tucked all that hair up into that shako, huh?

Do you recall staying with Guardsmen somewhere in 1978? I swear we were in close

proximity somewhere, because a bunch of guys from G-men were saying they were

going to quit and go join Kingsmen right then and there! we were having corps "issues" at

that time, and some of the older guys were like: "We're going to join a REAL corps..." LoL

... maybe in Colorado somewhere?

We could hear you practicing and see your equipment truck.

Edited by GGarrett

These are both from 78, I should have more from earlier years....63 with a Drum & Bell corps, 73 - 75 w/SCV and some more as time goes on with various Sr. corps and Alumni corps.

Borrowed equipment:

78Ind-01.jpg

CRAZY plumeage.

~>conner