This might be fun if you're willing to laugh at yourself a little

78UNK2-03.jpg

Tell us some more about your Bridgemen influence, Mike.... :lolhit:

Hey - Braga was pre-Bridgemen. (Well, the Bridgement that wore that style of hat).

Mike sported a lot of hair in the 70s - couldn't miss him.

Edited by randomnoise

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike those are awesome! I get a kick out of seeing how people changed as they grew up...

You must have tucked all that hair up into that shako, huh?

Do you recall staying with Guardsmen somewhere in 1978? I swear we were in close

proximity somewhere, because a bunch of guys from G-men were saying they were

going to quit and go join Kingsmen right then and there! we were having corps "issues" at

that time, and some of the older guys were like: "We're going to join a REAL corps..." LoL

... maybe in Colorado somewhere?

We could hear you practicing and see your equipment truck.

It became an art form, stuffing that mop under that shako....

I do not remember staying with the Guardsmen...I apologize. But if it'll make you feel any better, I don't remember much from that year at all....no really, at all.

78UNK2-03.jpg

Tell us some more about your Bridgemen influence, Mike.... :lolhit:

I don't remember much from that year, but I think I B slapped some pimp for that hat....

Hey - Braga was pre-Bridgemen. (Well, the Bridgement that wore that style of hat).

Mike sported a lot of hair in the 70s - couldn't miss him.

Chris, good to hear you again....I may be coming up in Feb. to celebrate the New Year Evil Style....I may be bringing a small contingent of Kingsmen with me, is that cool? ^0^

It became an art form, stuffing that mop under that shako....

I do not remember staying with the Guardsmen...I apologize. But if it'll make you feel any better, I don't remember much from that year at all....no really, at all.

:D I recall a time when we were told that a certain type of activity needed to be "addressed" ...

that it was "of concern" and needed to be "fixed." The activity was what was frequently used to

mellow out and relax. (won't say which corps... :laugh: )

After staff got off the bus for that announcement, a couple of the vet's stood up to clarify:

"OK, well, what he really meant to say was that you all need to be discreet..."

and proceeded to demonstrate an effective way of being discreet. We were all like: "Ohhhhh... OK."

Classic...

These are both from 78, I should have more from earlier years....63 with a Drum & Bell corps, 73 - 75 w/SCV and some more as time goes on with various Sr. corps and Alumni corps.

Improntu rehearsal in some truck stop:

78UNK2-03.jpg

Borrowed equipment:

78Ind-01.jpg

Great photos. I love this thread. Sorry I could share some photos of me, but then I would have to kill you all!!! :peek:

Wow, youre actually telling me that I could see the world famous Malibu here? Hmmm I may have to start digging through my closet. :)

Well.....not world famous....but you can see my pic in my profile....I think it's still there. :peek:

:D I recall a time when we were told that a certain type of activity needed to be "addressed" ...

that it was "of concern" and needed to be "fixed." The activity was what was frequently used to

mellow out and relax. (won't say which corps... :peek: )

After staff got off the bus for that announcement, a couple of the vet's stood up to clarify:

"OK, well, what he really meant to say was that you all need to be discreet..."

and proceeded to demonstrate an effective way of being discreet. We were all like: "Ohhhhh... OK."

Classic...

We received a similar speach, but ours was just before entering Canada and was meant to convince us that a "house cleaning" was necessary before we were left in some dungeon for all eternity. Some were suprosed that we were not even stopped at the border.....oops :sshh: