Wayne Monarchs, anyone?

Just seeing if anyone out there marched in the 70's in the Garden State Circuit. Would be interesting to hear old memories or stories.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt march there, but dad taught there

Hi

we competed in a few Garden State shows in the 70's. We mainly did the Northeastern, Yankee and some of greater New York circuits. I remember the Monarchs! I remember lots of corps from back then ( drum corps on every corner..it seemed)...and I try to remember what their colors were too! (I know...wierd! Did the Monarchs wear green..and black? not sure))

Surfers 68-75ish (I think)

Sword Excalibur 76 (aged out)

Just seeing if anyone out there marched in the 70's in the Garden State Circuit. Would be interesting to hear old memories or stories.

I taught them in 76, the last year they were the Monarchs, and then I taught them when they were the King's Regiment, at least in 1977. I was the percussion arranger and instructor. In 76 Mickey Palmisano and I did the drumlines and in 77 Jack Pratt and I worked together with them as the King's Regiment.

When did you march...and do I know you? :)

If you look in the senior section of DCP, you will see Al Katz posting, as he is business manager with the Cabs. Josh Katz, his brother, also posts primarily in the senior forum.

I dont know if Sean's dad taught the monarchs, but I know that he was involved with teaching my corps the Patriots...

A very good corps, too. I used to judge a lot with Ken DeStephens, your drum guy. It would be hard to find a nicer guy than Kenny, and very talented as well!

I taught them in 76, the last year they were the Monarchs, and then I taught them when they were the King's Regiment, at least in 1977. I was the percussion arranger and instructor. In 76 Mickey Palmisano and I did the drumlines and in 77 Jack Pratt and I worked together with them as the King's Regiment.

When did you march...and do I know you? :)

If you look in the senior section of DCP, you will see Al Katz posting, as he is business manager with the Cabs. Josh Katz, his brother, also posts primarily in the senior forum.

I marched '71 through '76. Played soprano and worked with the hornline '76 - '78? In '75 - '76 I marched with Bellville and finished the season with the Monarchs after DCI. Great times and great parties! I remember Mickey pretty well. We worked with some little corps in Asbury Park together. I do recall you but I don't recall us having much interaction. But hey! Look where we are now. Ain't life grand?

And thanks for the scoop on Alan and Josh. I'll try to hunt them dowm.