90% of Drum Corps Planet

drumlaw80

...which has a large majority of "OT" people that don't even visit the regular part of DCP...like, ever. I think me, Jeff Ream and maybe about three others post on both sides of the aisle with regularity. Most of the over 10,000 post posters post pretty much exclusively in the OT forums.

Get rid of the OT forums and you lose their traffic; and moreover the sense of community it has come to provide for some.

Alternatively, I do agree...this is drum corps planet, not political spin planet, or bored forum planet. Getting rid of the OT forums would help to sharpen the focus of the forums, but I suppose you have to look at what that would do to the natives here.

Maybe the major underlying complaint is that there are too many compartments here, with that being the antithesis of many posters not cross posting from say "historical" to "junior corps" or what have you.

Dunno. Just some ideas.

Bawker, sometimes I can kiss you.....err.........not really, but you know what I mean. :P

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the major underlying complaint is that there are too many compartments here, with that being the antithesis of many posters not cross posting from say "historical" to "junior corps" or what have you.

You're right Bawker.

I think that one of the problems could be that there is not a true "General Discussions" forum on DCP. The one we have is for Div I discussions and anything posted there that is not Div I related gets moved.

Of course, the biggest problem is the unmoderated over-moderation, as previously mentioned.

Edited by ravedodger

I like this quote --

George Bonfiglio-"Do it, Do it right, and Do it right the first time!"

In law school, I had a bar exam prep t-shirt that said something along the same lines --

"Do it once, Do it right, And never do it again."

I like this other quote too! I'd love to have that shirt!

George B. used to give us a speech sometimes when things weren't going good on tour and always end it with "Do it, Do it right and do it right the first time". And the famous, "Nobody ever said it was easy to be a 27th Lancer"...(that one had been around a long time too).

My husband marched in 77 with 27 and says it used to be "Do it, Do it now"...he expanded on that the later years... :)

...which has a large majority of "OT" people that don't even visit the regular part of DCP...like, ever. I think me, Jeff Ream and maybe about three others post on both sides of the aisle with regularity. Most of the over 10,000 post posters post pretty much exclusively in the OT forums.

Get rid of the OT forums and you lose their traffic; and moreover the sense of community it has come to provide for some.

Dunno. Just some ideas.

No don't get rid of it, I love the OT forums...it helps you to get to know the members better, plus, I think it HELPS to get over the boredom of the general discussions..

I visit both parts of DCP...

I am in on the bashing...

Shhhhhhh....I'll never tell!

:ph34r:

Says the ex Blue Devil

As the founder of DCP I see it as "better than ever" - not floundering.

The new owners have incredible plans for the site and its best days certainly lay just ahead.

Yeah, but God forbid anyone should get into a real discussion or even an argument, without getting downright nasty of course. As soon as someone feels their 'thin skin' being tweaked, they shut it down or move it, or banish someone. Like another poster mentioned on here, all I see is the 'band kiddies' and the rah-rah for whoever group on here. (I'm paraphrasing, of course.). The PCs are taking over everywhere and now even in something with which some of us are very passionate. Nobody is forcing you to participate or just read along. Just like TV, if you don't care for the show, change the channel!

Let's have some discussion here. If you don't agree with it, go to another thread and leave the subject for those who want to get into the heat of battle or reasonable tete-a-tete without lowering oneself to outright trashing of someone. If you absolutely feel the need to trashtalk someone, do it off-line.

Let the banter begin!

Ray