90% of Drum Corps Planet

drumlaw80

Or we could do away with the OT forums completely, afterall, this IS a Drum Corps site.............. :)

Ooh right away to the threats! wow. The problem with that kind of thinking is that from September to May there just isnt alot of Drum Corps happening.

The whole idea when it comes right down to it that you need a third party to come in and moderate a conversation you are having with someone else is downright weird when you think of it. Imagine for a moment you are having an animated discussion with someone and out of the blue someone appears and tells you you cant talk about that any more! :ph34r:

I would like to propose an experiment. For one week, NO moderators. No button pushing, no reporting. I'll bet the place would not fall apart.

Edited by dans24103

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"90% of Drum Corps Planet ... has become very, very boring."

LOL.... reminds me of two other "percentage" quotes:

"90% of life is showing up"..... credited to Woody Allen.

"85% of the people of Chicago work for a living.... the other 15% go to Cubs games"........ then-Cubs manager Lee Elia, in what supposed to be an off-the-record chat that turned into a tirade about the Cubs, the city, etc. (Elia soon was an ex-Cubs manager!!!!)

Fran

Ooh right away to the threats! wow. The problem with that kind of thinking is that from September to May there just isnt alot of Drum Corps happening.

The whole idea when it comes right down to it that you need a third party to come in and moderate a conversation you are having with someone else is downright weird when you think of it. Imagine for a moment you are having an animated discussion with someone and out of the blue someone appears and tells you you cant talk about that any more! :ph34r:

I would like to propose an experiment. For one week, NO moderators. No button pushing, no reporting. I'll bet the place would not fall apart.

Dan,

You can view it anyway you like to, that I can't change, and won't try.

That said, if you don't particularily care for moderation, I'm sure there are a ton of unmoderated message boards that might fit your preferences.

See, it's all in the delivery............an individual chooses to come across a certain way, whether that be low-key, coarse, or anything in between. Moderation will always be a part of DCP.

Choice is a good thing.

Let me do the math for you:

60 day transition period - Dec 1 - Feb 1.

My guess is that DCP was either bought by DCI or the Blue Devils.

I could be wrong, of course, but that is my guess.

My guess is that DCP was either bought by DCI or the Blue Devils.

I could be wrong, of course, but that is my guess.

I think when the site was sold, George posted who didn't buy it. DCI and its associated corps were on the list.

I think there was some sort of inference that it was a "group" of people who post here from that thread (although that still leaves it wide open to interpretation).

My own guess is that this site will redirect to "Fun With Planar Analysis: The RAMD Virtual Symposium" on Feburary 1st. :)

My own guess is that this site will redirect to "Fun With Planar Analysis: The RAMD Virtual Symposium" on Feburary 1st. :)

:ph34r:

NNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

*runs away in fear*

"90% of Drum Corps Planet ... has become very, very boring."

LOL.... reminds me of two other "percentage" quotes:

"90% of life is showing up"..... credited to Woody Allen.

"85% of the people of Chicago work for a living.... the other 15% go to Cubs games"........ then-Cubs manager Lee Elia, in what supposed to be an off-the-record chat that turned into a tirade about the Cubs, the city, etc. (Elia soon was an ex-Cubs manager!!!!)

Fran

Panther burn cologne for men.

It works everytime 60% of the time.

Edited by camel lips

I think Lee has brought up a real good issue - there often is a point at which we all encounter drum corps plateaus & saturation points - everything's been said, everything's been covered, and everything has been squeezed out of the drum corps fan/fanatic/aficionado.

But consider this - just about EVERYONE ($1 to RAMD/Catherine) that's here either posting or reading or lurking at DCP is somehow either INTERESTED, INVOLVED, or CARES a great deal about drum corps.

There really IS something here, a topic, a thread, an area for just about EVERYONE (sorry, can't help it!) - we have Juniors, Seniors, all the Division corps, the Historical, the Bored, the Current Events - many different threads and topics that EVERYONE (tee hee!) who has ever marched, watched, admired, hated, envied, or "wannabeed" drum corps, can participate or not.

And I know I've learned a great deal here - and hope to God made some friends in the process! (and hope that my enemies forgive me!)

If EVERYONE (....) remains civil, respectful, keeps their sense of humor, maintains their perspective, and has something to contribute, say, post, add, modify, edit, enhance, or otherwise bring something of value to the drum corps table and topics at hand, then EVERYONE should be welcome, be involved, and be made to feel like they are part of this DCP family.

Ultimately, all we have is each other (even if many of us have never even MET yet!).

I don't know if people realize just how much collective knowledge, interest, experience, and passion for the drum corps activity really exists here - and this may be unique in the entire drum corps blogosphere!

I've seen some good and some "other" moderators, but overall I think common sense, good judgement, and a civil tone have been the rule here.

(Rich/Legend - you have been awesome, man - but I expect that from a former BD percussionist!)

Heck, I've never seen such an amazing cross section of people in one site, young, old, straight, gay, male, female, wise (often beyond their years!) and maybe not so wise, representing all races, religions, political ideologies, musical talent and PASSION, and what was it that brought us all together?

A love of the activity, past, present, and future.

And WHO was the mastermind of all this?

George Dixon's vision of a Drum Corps Planet, that's who!

On behalf of a grateful drum corps nation, George, we salute you - and we hope those that follow will be able to fill your shoes with the class, the intelligence, and the dedication that YOU alone have demonstrated.

Now let's think like Lee and figure out how to make DCP less boring!