90% of Drum Corps Planet

drumlaw80

90% of Drum Corps Planet ... has become very, very boring. No offense to anyone, but it really is, especially the official "discussion" and "announcement" forums. I cannot even stand to read most of what goes on in there anymore, as it is the same bland thing ... day after day after day. The minute there is any deviation, the thread gets moved, people get demerits ... or whatever. I guess this OT forum is our little solace.

I wish there was some way to find a happy medium between the RAMD cesspool, and the overly segmented rah-rah beige newsgroup that DCP has become.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, 100%. By trying to be all things to everyone, the effort/mission is lost and is sadly mediocre.....too much "clique", band stuff, policing, P.C. hyping and not enough reality.....

There was a time though....................sigh.

~G~

I honestly think that over time, the over-moderation killed this forum.

I honestly think that over time, the over-moderation killed this forum.

Again, correct 100%...and the fact that moderators and their "pals" get to call a spade a spade and have power in who and what gets reprimanded and the fact they adhere to the "pick & choose" concept.

~G~

Again, correct 100%...and the fact that moderators and their "pals" get to call a spade a spade and have power in who and what gets reprimanded and the fact they adhere to the "pick & choose" concept.

~G~

Well, they successfully created the most boring newsgroup I have ever seen ... the forum version of a beige old age rest home.

Even the official DCA discussion thread makes me want to fake my own death to avoid reading it.

Even the stuff I wrote. lol.

edited because I can't spell beige.

Edited by drumlaw80

So, are you saying you want just a little Catherine Burr, or no? ^0^

I'll see if I can find notabando, too. :P

What would be nice if conversations would be allowed to develop, ideas and themes be allowed to run their course, all sdes be allowed to be express themselves, nonsense not allowed to flourish, along with the children that spew it. The past year has seen such an influx of children and they are totally taking away the integrity of the site and completely dismissing the past, the history and the realit of drum corps and what it was and it has become something much less enjoyable and prestigious that it once was.

Many, many people have vanished, started posting less, or just lurk, leaving the conversation to be driven by nonsense at many times.

~G~

What would be nice if conversations would be allowed to develop, ideas and themes be allowed to run their course, all sdes be allowed to be express themselves, nonsense not allowed to flourish, along with the children that spew it. The past year has seen such an influx of children and they are totally taking away the integrity of the site and completely dismissing the past, the history and the realit of drum corps and what it was and it has become something much less enjoyable and prestigious that it once was.

Many, many people have vanished, started posting less, or just lurk, leaving the conversation to be driven by nonsense at many times.

~G~

I could not agree more. Please no Catherine Burr

:worthy::rock::rock::peek:

~G~

Who gets to define what is nonsense? You? LOL. The problem that started all this is what is perceived by some as off-topic or "nonsense." Personal attacks that cross the line should be censored, but trying to somehow come up with an imaginary dividing line, as you suggest, of what is worthy of discussion is what killed the creativity of DCP in the first place. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Who gets to define what is nonsense? You? LOL. The problem that started all this is what is perceived by some as off-topic or "nonsense." Personal attacks that cross the line should be censored, but trying to somehow come up with an imaginary dividing line, as you suggest, of what is worthy of discussion is what killed the creativity of DCP in the first place. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

New owners are supposedly coming soon.

Maybe it'll liven up then.