DCP vs. RAMD

Walcat

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said that. I was just referring to how many times any time a RAMD/DCP comparison topic came up it was shut down...mostly because it degraded real fast.

Lee's "90%" had a 24 life in the DCA forum.

Edited by sburstall

Ok, I'm going out on a huge limb here, especially since I haven't really been around all that long like some of you have. But, Does anyone else see DCP slowly turning into RAMD like I do? There are so many topics that turn into completely uncivilized arguments. I understand that everyone has their own opinion and it should be state, but these are turning into personal attacks. It seems like West Side Story of drum corps.

I know personally when I meet a corps person I feel an immediate connection with them. If they don't like amps and are quite vocal about it it doesn't bother me. (Just so we are clear, I'm as moderate as they come on the amp issue.) I'm not saying that we need to give each other a big hug or anything, it just seems to me like the flames keep rising.

Anyways, I remember when DCP was first created, everyone on it was sooooo thrilled to have a new discussion site. We were all estatic to have a place where we could post in ease without having personal attacks every other comment. Maybe the RAMD crowd has made their way over here, but DCP isn't quite the same as I once remember it.

I will always continue to read fairly silently on here as I have a drum corps addiction. I just wanted to see what anyone else thought.

Quite the contrary. I find most of DCP to be very boring ... the result of years of over-moderation.

I've always thought that DCP was a RAMD with moderators and filters.

I also felt that if I posted a topic about it I would be flamed by people that didn't realize the irony of their statements.

Well, that opens a can of worms.

Where do you draw the line at things being to "rah rah" or all out chaos? Where does the role of the moderator come into play?

What can DCP do better in order to effect those changes people seem to feel it needs (using this thread as evidence)?

Like I said a few posts back, there's a new owner now, so there's a real opportunity to talk about these things and see where the discussion can lead.

I feel the exact same way! Many of the regulars on RAMD have probably moved over here.

Nah - Unless they're using different screen names to troll.

DCP is not at all like RAMD. At least you can find a thread and understand the strands. We are also missing at least one person here, who normally side-swipes conversations with unintelligible garbage. That's why I haven't posted much there and haven't even been there in about 2 years or so.

DCP is much better than RAMD, though still over-moderated, as Lee stated.

This will either get moved or closed.

Well yea, this has NOTHING to do with General DCI Discussion.

Moved to DCP Customer Service Center.