New Members

Hey all! I'm new to this forum, but I've been a drum corps nut since 1975, when I saw the PBS broadcast of the '75 DCI finals. I marched rifle in band from '75 - '80. During concert season, I played flute. I watched the DCI finals every year it was on PBS, and the last year when it was on ESPN2. I had cassette tapes of the top 12 corps, from '75 - '78, and maybe '79. I saw my first live DCI show was in '78. I joined the Imperial Guard Drum and Bugle Corps as a flag in '81, and marched rifle in '82. I won $100 betting on the final 12 of '82. I would not trade my corps experience for anything in the world. My only regrets: I wish I had joined drum corps sooner, and I wish I had joined another corps when Imperial Guard folded my age-out year.

23 hours ago, Mikah said:

Hey all! I'm new to this forum, but I've been a drum corps nut since 1975, when I saw the PBS broadcast of the '75 DCI finals. I marched rifle in band from '75 - '80. During concert season, I played flute. I watched the DCI finals every year it was on PBS, and the last year when it was on ESPN2. I had cassette tapes of the top 12 corps, from '75 - '78, and maybe '79. I saw my first live DCI show was in '78. I joined the Imperial Guard Drum and Bugle Corps as a flag in '81, and marched rifle in '82. I won $100 betting on the final 12 of '82. I would not trade my corps experience for anything in the world. My only regrets: I wish I had joined drum corps sooner, and I wish I had joined another corps when Imperial Guard folded my age-out year.

Welcome to DCP, Mikah.  You picked a good time to plug in.  DCP is at its finest during competition season when you can get running commentaries on shows from people who are in attendance.  It helps when you can't be there in person!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Drum Corps Fans :12_slight_smile:

i'm a Member in a small German drum Corps. We only start in the concert class. We won he German Finals 3 times in a row and want to win also in the future  

For this we are looking for new and  old shows. Our absolute favorite show is SCV  89 Phantom of the opera. Did someone know if there is a possibility to get the original music score/arrangement for this one. Because we want to be as nearly on the original as possible. We will change it so that ist is possible to play with a 30 member Corps by ourself. 

Many Thanks 

Stef :whistle:

• 1 month later...
On 8/30/2017 at 8:34 AM, Guest Stef said:

Hi Drum Corps Fans :12_slight_smile:

i'm a Member in a small German drum Corps. We only start in the concert class. We won he German Finals 3 times in a row and want to win also in the future  

For this we are looking for new and  old shows. Our absolute favorite show is SCV  89 Phantom of the opera. Did someone know if there is a possibility to get the original music score/arrangement for this one. Because we want to be as nearly on the original as possible. We will change it so that ist is possible to play with a 30 member Corps by ourself. 

Many Thanks 

Stef :whistle:

Did you get any help with your request?  I don't think many DCP members look in the New Member thread. 

• 5 months later...

Hello all!

I'm a new member and just wanted to introduce myself to the DCP community. As the name implies, I love Phantom Regiment dearly and follow them closely, but I'm a fan of all corps in the activity! I played clarinet in high school and in college, and I'm passionate about the marching arts as I'm sure all of us are. I've been following the these forums as a guest for some time, and finally wanted to join in on the conversation about the activity and during the season. Although I'm not a member or alum of the activity, I've been attending DCI shows as a dedicated fan for just over 10 years. My favorite instruments/sections of drum corps are Mellos and Baris/Euphs! 

Looking forward to talking drum corps with everyone!

Thanks! 

New(ish) member here! (I made an account 2 years ago but quickly abandoned it and just came back and started posting today). I play percussion in my high school marching band and have been a long time fan of the marching arts. I hope to audition for the BAC pit for the 2019 season and I welcome any advice. I look forward to participating in online rants about drum corps and marching band in general.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I'm Fatova Mingus. I lived by 27th Lancers when I was young and I thought there were no girls allowed so I would  listen by the field and wish to be in it.  Then WGBH (Boston) aired the 1977 Finals and I realized I was wrong but that was the DQ year that the Bridgemen played anyway and it was crazy!! !  I love the renegades in DCI.   Waited a decade though to hear THE CAVALIERS!!! 

• 1 month later...

Hey guys! I’ve lurked on this forum for about a year now and finally decided to officially join it. I graduated from highschool last year and am currently in college to get my Music Education degree. I work with high school programs throughout the summer and have just been keeping up with DCI for a little over a year, and of course as you can tell by my name, my favorite Corp is Carolina Crown. Can’t wait to talk and have discussions with you guys! 

Hello! I've been reading the posts and lurking for about 2 years and I'm finally gonna try to start participating. My name is Logan Frandsen and I am going to be a senior in Phoenix, Arizona. My favorite corps is by far the Bluecoats and my favorite show is Kinetic Noise (yes, I'm aware that's a very unpopular opinion but it's my opinion ;)). I play trumpet and have 5 years of eligibility so I hope to audition and make a corps this coming season! I'll talk to you all more as the season goes on.