New Members

Hello all, my name's Matthew and I'm new to this site. I never marched corps, but I've been an ardent fan since February 2008. I did marching band for seven years; four years in high school and three years in college. I don't have a favorite corps, just favorite shows. I'm also on Micro Marching League (any other MML'ers here?). My all-time favorite DCI show is SCV 1999 "Inventions for a New Millennium."

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Y'all,

I'm a new member to the forum and can't wait to join and read the discussions!

I marched Contra with the Sacramento Freelancers in 1994 and Contra with the Blue Devil's "A" Corps in 1995 and 1996. I haven't been part of the online community in a while, but look forward to discussing and sharing.

Christian

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all, my name's Matthew and I'm new to this site. I never marched corps, but I've been an ardent fan since February 2008. I did marching band for seven years; four years in high school and three years in college. I don't have a favorite corps, just favorite shows. I'm also on Micro Marching League (any other MML'ers here?). My all-time favorite DCI show is SCV 1999 "Inventions for a New Millennium."

Hi everyone,

I've been reading these forms for years but just decided to sign up today...not sure why it took so long! I marched soprano and mello with PC and mello wih Yamato.

I look forward to engaging in all of the convos...take care.

Adrian Rodriguez

Hi there - name's dave - signed up in February, but didn't get around to doing much beyond lurking until today. Never marched in Corps, but did my time in marching band drum lines in high school and college.

Hi,I would like to know how to find out how to set up a Reunion of all corps members from the Cape Coral & Ft. Myers Fl. area.( Buccaneers,Royal Lancers and Brassman). Thank you.

• 6 months later...

So, this is my first post. I guess I should probably introduce myself. My name is Billy, I'm a drum major, I play alto sax, and Phantom Regiment is my favorite drum corps.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I'm new(obviously!) I figure for my opening line I'd give my first drum corps experience.

I don't remember the exact date, but it was the summer of 2000, and I would be entering high school that fall as a freshmen. Band was the only thing I was good at I might add. But one morning my band director called my house and asked if I wanted to go to a "professional" marching band show? It would be $20, and would be in Tulsa. Mom said it was fine so i said sure. The only reason I was asked was my house was on the way to the school. About 10 students went. We got there and there was the Cadets having their practice on the field and afterward the audience was allowed to ask questions. I was still so new to marching I can only remember three things. A guy asked why trombones were not allowed, I remember that because that's what I played. Why the Cadets had two moves when bringing their horns up or down: I remember this because we copied the movement for our last song in our marching band show that fall. And the question from the instructor if we were Blue Devils' fans, to which a few people clapped and the corps on the field booed.....That night....it was like a life changing experience......I was hooked. Little did I know that the Cadets would win/tie for first place at the world finals the next month.

Glad to be here,

Nate the Mello Fellow

Edited by msumello

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, my name is Silas and I'm new member to DCP. I've been lurking around the forums for about a year now, and I finally decided that I wanted to take part in many of the conversations that go on here. I did 3 years of high school marching band, 1 on mellophone and the rest on sousaphone. I strongly dislike sousas by the way so I've always been a fan of contras and marching tubas (not convertibles). I marched the first year of Cadets 2 in 2012 on tuba and right now I'm taking the summer off to make money, and prepare for 2014 DCI auditions. My first DCI experience was in 2011 at the TOC finale in Met Life stadium. Ever since then I've always wanted to march. In the upcoming 2014 season, I hope to audition and march the Blue Devils on tuba.

• 2 weeks later...