At Auction: Cadets Memorabilia

cameronscott

Available as one lot only:

Tour Memorabilia:

2005 DCI “Corps Staff” pass with Yamaha lanyard. (Used for the entire 2005 season.)

“1313” Numbers from “The Door.” Includes Certificate of Authenticity suitable for framing. (Removed from The Door at the end of the 2005 season.)

2005 Finals wrist band (for stadium admittance.)

2005 Finals wrist band (for field access.) Rare.

2005 “Corps Parking” plate marked “Cadets Box Truck”

2005 DCI Championship Ring (Men’s size 10 gold color) “Volunteer”

Multimedia:

DVD: Cadets Championship Years 1983 1984 1985 1987 1990 1998 2000 (2 DVD’s)

DVD: The Cadets Threepeat 20th Anniversary

DVD: Cadets of the 80’s (2 DVD’s)

DVD: Cadets of the 90’s (2 DVD’s)

DVD: Cadets 2000 Tour Video

DVD: Cadets 2003 Tour Video

DVD: Cadets 2004 Tour Video

DVD: Cadets 2005 Tour Video

DVD: Rehearsing the Contemporary Percussion Ensemble

CD: Garfield Cadets: History in the Making 1960-1972 (3 CD’s)

CD: A Decade of Excellence: 1990-1999 (2 CD’s)

CD: New Century 2000-2005

CD: The Cadets: The Zone 2005 Pre-Season CD

Cadets Attire:

Cadets Flex-Fit Ballcap sm. – med.

Cadets windbreaker Maroon XL

Grey Pullover Hoodie “Cadets” XL

Grey Hoodie zip-front “Cadets” LG.

Maroon Fleece Pullover XL

(2) Burnt Orange Hoodies “Property of the Cadets 2005” XL

Maroon Acrylic Sweater Munsingwear XL-Tall

Maroon Hoodie (Flying Man) “Cadets Established 1934” XL

YEA 2004 Audition Weekend T-Shirt Black XL

Gold Cadets t-shirt w/ blue shoulder stripes. “Cadets 1934”

(2) Ghost Drummer T-shirts White w/ black collar and black cap sleeves. XL

Blue 2005 Hoodie “HNC 1934” XL

Also Included:

Anything left in my house that is maroon, or reminds me of the Cadets.

Maximum bid: $0.09 (The whole lot isn’t worth ten cents to me.)

Post your bid here, along with any possible reason you’d ever want it, and I’ll announce the winning bid on April 1st.

I will pay all shipping costs, just to get this stuff out of my house.

If you have any questions, email me at cameron.scott@yahoo.com

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you're selling a DCI Championship Ring? WoW!

id bid but i dont have alot of money. :(

Edited by Becker

I'll start.

75 bucks to begin with.

Since I already own most of those items (well, the DVD's/CD's anyway), I plan on donating every item to drum corps members who can't afford to buy souvies or who want them to start their own corps memoribilia collection. :)

Although, I have a feeling you are pulling our proverbial leg with the bids ending on April 1st. :P

Regardless, PM me if you have questions.

I guess the April Fool's date makes it look bogus, but I assure you it is legitimate.

I was a volunteer for the entire 2005 season with the Cadets. I built "The Door," transported it, and readied it for every single performance.

Because I have been outspoken in my criticism of the director, I have been invited not to return as a member of the crew. Therefore, I no longer wish to maintain a collection of Cadets memorabilia.

Please note that the MAXIMUM bid is 9 cents.

The winner of the lot will give the best reason for wanting these items.

I'll start.

75 bucks to begin with.

Since I already own most of those items (well, the DVD's/CD's anyway), I plan on donating every item to drum corps members who can't afford to buy souvies or who want them to start their own corps memoribilia collection. :)

Although, I have a feeling you are pulling our proverbial leg with the bids ending on April 1st. :P

Regardless, PM me if you have questions.

Edited by cameronscott

Okay, well consider me at 9 cents then :)

As I said above, if I end up winning this one, I'll donate all items to current corps members who aren't in a financial position to buy souvies.

There's certainly a philisophical difference in how I see several aspects of the activity right now with what George has (and I imagine this is your case as well; it is troubling to see that this would lead to not being invited back as a volunteer by the Cadets, though...differing viewpoints should have a place in the activity), but the kids that march the shows we all watch and enjoy are what I want to give back to.

Even with amps and doors and all the arguments we have on here every day, it still makes me happy to see kids come into this activity. So, if I end up winning the sweepstakes here, I fully intend to give back to those that want it, no matter what their corps affiliation.

I suppose it must seem kind of Quixotic to approach this this way, but, hey, I've been a junior corps fan for a long time. I've gathered a lot of souvie loot (:P) and enjoyed a lot of performances over the years. While I've donated money, and paid part of dues before for members...some of these items are truly unique and hold a special place in many Cadets (and non Cadets) hearts concering the 2005 season. I certainly understand how you could want no part of the season and the memoribilia that goes with it, but I think the kids that marched (or were inspired by) that show and the Cadets corps in general should let it make memories for them.

I'm not going to get into a debate about George Hopkins philosophy on the activity here...we have plenty of threads for that. :P

Rather, I think this would be a fun way to share the joy and spread the wealth that junior corps gave to us all.

"Pay it forward", as they say.

Thanks for reading. :)

Edited by bawker

I think that ol Hoppy is fine.

However, I hate his "vision" of this activity and how he selfishly uses the "respect" (read: fear) that others (read: DCI officials and judges) have for him by shoving his personal agenda (read: fame and the greater glory/financial enrichment of George Hopkins) down the gullet of what was once such an innocent youth activity. He is a tool of the manufacturers of Marching Band horns, drums, uniforms, guard stuff, and probably many other things (read: saxophones).

So here is my bid:

<**>

double post . . . I hate Hoppy so much that I clicked Submit Post TWICE!

Edited by Periphery

I'll take anything you're willing to send to me, especially the CDs and DVDs. I'll either keep the items for myself, donate items which may have historical relevance to the activity, or sell them on eBay to help fund my drum corps podcast.

I'd like to put my name in there, if this indeed something that you're intent on following through with. (I hope you reconsider.)

I think you have a ton of material that has historical significance to the drum corps activity. I am a serious collector of drum corps memorabilia - I have a number of rare and unique items - and I feel that you have compiled a fairly complete history of one of the most influencial marching units in the modern era. I'd keep the collection intact, and use it to get others interested in drum corps, as well as celebrate what's passed.

Mike