At Auction: Cadets Memorabilia

cameronscott

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my bid: 9 cents

Here is my proposial: I will save you time and effort by picking up the items, at your designated time and place. This will save on any shipping hassles, boxing, mailing etc.

I will sell the Tour Memorabilia as a set on Ebay. All proceeds will go to a DIV 2 corps.

I will sell the Cadets Attire as a set on Ebay. All proceeds will go to a DIV 2 corps.

I will most likely give the videos to some current corps members. First I will watch the tour videos as research for putting together like items in the future. I had planned on buying them, but this "auction" would save the trouble. All videos eventually would go to current corps members. It has been my experience that young kids that are into corps will watch these videos over and over and really enjoy these items very much.

The Cadets Attire will also be sold on Ebay with profits going to a DIV 2 corps.

I have volunteered for the local corps for several years now (including YEA). Last year I gave a check for over $1000.00 to the local DIV 2 corps, earned from selling old drum corps instruments on Ebay. Declaring me the winner of the auction will only help keep another group on the road!

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I can't believe I hadn't noticed this thread before...

The deadline is April 1st, so I guess I found it just in time.

Mr. Cameron Scott:

I don't really have as good of a reason as some who have posted on here and it probably seems a little selfish, but the reason I would like the items listed is so that (like others) I may find some way to re-sale them via eBay, etc.

Truth is, I need the money to help march this summer. I'm already 2 (probably soon to be 3 with the up-coming camp) payments behind in my membership fees and my search for sponsors, local and a far, has come up empty handed. Fees for my corps (Div. II) are right around $1,000 with my verteran discounts, but living 5-6 hours away doesn't help either once gas is figured in. There are plenty of personal reasons as to why this year, as opposed to my first 2 seasons, I am having trouble coming up with the funds and if you would like to contact me privately I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

If the result of the auctions I am able to coordinate on eBay does indeed allow me to meet my financial obligations to my corps in excess, I would like to donate the remaining to help in the process of purchasing a much needed food truck for this summer. Last year I personally donated $500 of my own savings (part of the reason I'm low on funds for this summer) to help secure a equipment trailer for my (young) corps and I would love more than anything to help with the food truck, but obviously I have to come up with the resources to put myself on the field first.

Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to march drum corps until my senior year of high school, limiting me to just 4 years of eligibility (until DCA, of course) and having to miss this year is something I can not do. I age-out in 2007 and I already dread that ceremony, but the thought of not getting a chance to march this year due to money is even more terrifying of a thought. I started my career with a Div. II corps and it has become my 2nd home and family, I have every intention of marching here next year and aging-out proudly with the same group I began with.

As I mentioned, if you would like to contact me personally you can reach me via PM on this board or by email at: VBDrumline04@aim.com. If you would also like contact information for the director of my corps to verify that I am behind on my payments, I will be happy to forward his contact information as well.

Thank you for the opportunity and for taking the time to read this. I bid $0.09, as per the maximum.

Edit: Typo

Edited by SoonerFan04

Here's my 9 cent bid.

I for selfish reasons would like certain years of DVDs, the rest I would sell and donate to a corps of your choice along with everything else except the ring.

I came 2nd my age out year, and I consider myself a volunteer. I volunteered to march and to be the best I could be along with 127 other people. So that is my selfish reason, I'd love the ring however because it belongs to you I would not wear i but keep it in a glass box just to look at it.

I wanted to win so very bad, it's just that we were up against professional winners, I don't believe we knew how to win. Some of our staff got it right just 2 years later, so the staff connection also makes me interested.

Thank you.

P.S. I also wish you would reconsider. You deserve all of the spoils of voluteering and winning!

I want to thank everyone for the bids and kind words.

Many of you had excellent and compelling reasons for wanting these items.

I had to decide based upon posts here, and from PM's and emails sent to me.

The loot goes to Bawker.

He assured me that the bulk of the items would go to current marching members and wannabes who could not afford souvies.

Best of luck to those of you who had planned on selling items to pay tuition for the current season. I hope you are able to raise the money to march.

For you Hop haters, remember that it takes a majority of votes of the DCI board to pass new rules. He only has one vote.

If you don't agree with Hop's vision for the activity, you're wasting your time trying to change it. If you feel that your persuasive skills are better than his, lobby the other members of the board.

Edit: (The door numbers were split between two '05 Cadets who had been assigned to help load and unload the door throughout the season.)

Edited by cameronscott

Sorry folks, I've been in Minneapolis the past week...(brr!)

I want to take this opportunity to publically thank Cameron for his generosity concerning this. It's a catharsis of sorts for him, and it gives me the opportunity to help out an activity I love even moreso than usual in a fun way.

As far as the items go, only one ground rule: I only ask that you not request something if you can afford to buy it.

Some of the DVD's and CD's will be donated to the local band program here as a gift. The rest of the items (tour and 80's/90's collection DVD's, and the collections CD's) are available, along with everything else on the first page you saw.

A few people have already asked me about the ring. To be honest, I'm unsure of how to use it best to help someone.

Although we want to leave eBay out of the picture, I'd either like for it go back into the hands of a Cadet who marched this year, or with Cameron's blessing, to possibly auction it in order to use the money to donate to a Cadets tour fees for 2006.

I'll pay for the shipping...now all you guys have to do is ask! :)

Shoot me a PM if you're interested. B)