Welcome to the **NEW** DCP - Part Deux

JohnD

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for their comments (complimentary and not-so) on the new site. I'd also like to thank the DCP team for their support during this design / development / validation process. As those familiar with the process know, it is sometimes difficult to anticipate every potential scenario and test for every combination of hardware, operating system, and software. While we did a LOT of testing ... with a number of different people, systems, browsers, and skill-levels - we knew that we'd have to do some 'post-cutover' testing, due to feature interactions that required the full site (news and forums) to be running in the same domain (which was not the case until last night).

Most of the problems that were found today fell into the category of 'fixable'. However, after spending a fair amount of time analyzing the real-world results of today's test-drive and reviewing the probability of resolving the high majority of these issues in a timely fashion - I've decided that the best solution is to return the forums to an environment outside of the Content Management System that we're using for the Drum Corps Planet news section.

The menu button on the DCP 'front-section' will route you here - without the wrapper. The DCP logo and masthead text at the top of this page (here in the forums) will take you directly back to the 'front page' of Drum Corps Planet. Other than a couple of other minor changes - the forums have been returned to the state they were on Saturday ... and 'life has been restored to normal in our world' ...... errrrrrr - Planet.

Thanks again for your patience in this process. I'm going to reset the poll on the front page to start at ZERO ... and ask that you give the **NEWer DCP** another look and provide your feedback, now that these issues are largely resolved. For those that endured problems on Sunday during our test-drive - please accept our gratitude for hanging in there.

Stay tuned to the DCP Front Page for the latest information from the drum corps activity and some great features ... as well as some exciting things that are upcoming.

-john

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks fine here.

and hey...many launches of 'NEW DCP's" had the site down for days. this didn't. That's the best news

w/Stp:

DCP calendar needs attention - saw nothing there but DCI run shows.

DCA's schedule isn't 100% yet.

hey now - that one hurt!! :P

to be fair, the issues weren't all your fault.

not that 99% of DCP didnt blame you anyways...:P

but dude, come on...remember we were down for like a week once