Just Wanted To Introduce Myself

Hi, Cozy! (Interesting screen name. I hope to have that kind of ease with my playing, soon.) Why'd you have to tell me all that? I feel like I'm before a table with all my favorite foods, and can only pick a few of them (Finances unfortunately play a factor.) I'll do all I can. I am already suscribed to Carolina Gold's newsletter. I also watched last years and plan on this year's Capital City Band Expo. at Sanderson Highschool in Raleigh. (Morally, I was thankful for being Homeschooled, but it butchered some of my musical opputunities!) Anyway, it's late. I need to practice some in the morning before work.

Be thinking of me: my first performance in front of a large audience is Friday, for my Church's Talent Night. I am playing, "Trumpet Voluntary".

Thanks and good luck,

Elizabeth

Elizabeth,

Cozy is my nickname. Many folks I march with don't even know my real name. Cozychops went on hold when my girlfriend died (known to Div. III, Troopers and visiting corps from Europe and Japan as the "Cookie Faerie" and her canine mascot, Shadow), as did marching other than 2003 when Sobacki talked me into a special assignment. (Gerry Kelsey charts twisted this "common man's" arm.) Even my DCPing faded.

My trumpet/flugel/bugle and 150+ mouthpiece inventory are no longer "out there" in cyberspace. I try to keep cozy chops but work behind the scene/sidelines currently for corpsdom.

Homeschooling! I taught lessons for two homeschool kids. By adding music theory homework and corps, these kids received education credit!

Welcome to the buffet table, Trumpet Voluntary. There are so many types of experiences in corpsdom!

Cozy

Edited by CozyChopsCom

Congrats on choosing a WONDERFUL instrument to learn! ;) My advice would be to be involved in any way that you can with your playing...taking every opportunity to get better. In addition to that, resist the urge to get discouraged or lose interest when your improvement slows, as this will be a sign that you are already quite good. Just as it is with anything, the learning curve allows for rapid advancement at first, and a slower, more gradual growth as you improve your ability. Even after 17 years on the trumpet, I still hit my little "plateaus" in my playing where I feel my growth has stagnated. It's important to push through that period when you feel you've been in the same spot for too long. It's been my experience that just on the other side is another growth spurt! :D Hope this helps, and be sure to get out on the field!!!!

-J

hi everbody im mike and im 15 to young but i went to the cavaliers noverber camp/clinic and got a II

and i play the tuba

Welcome, Mike :)

• 1 month later...

Welcome, all!

• 2 months later...

Goodday! EagleSong Welcome to DCP:In that Good to have thee.

drumspiritTerrance