Old WGI Photos

lnavis

• 2 weeks later...
Skylarks 1981.

Skylarks1981.jpg

Wow.... I was in Nashville with them.... now I'm gonna have to look for my old pictues and get them up here too......lol....... :P

Remember those shoes! Everybody wore them! :)

Ok - I will start a formus for WGI photos.

I will start with State Street 1978 - painter pants all suspenders!

And 1980 - Yes winter guard did a parade!

StateStreet.jpg

Dave Beckman was probably about 19 in this picture. My guess is he's saying in his mind "Please dont let any of my friends see this"

i know john brazale did phantom and bill hardy did the guardsmen.

i recognized a photo of dave beckman from state street reveiw[the pom poms]and i can't wait to tell him!

Brazale is best known for his time with PR, but many dont know that he was the DM for the Spectacle City Mariners in the 60s, came back and was corps director for the Mariners from 71-74 during which time that he restarted their very good winter guard program and won MWCGI for 3 straight years.

I was there too! Marching with a broken finger and those are pics NO ONE wants to see LOL

I remember those shoes well. Then they were called "Chinese slippers" but now I guess we should come up with a more PC name!

Wow.... I was in Nashville with them.... now I'm gonna have to look for my old pictues and get them up here too......lol....... :P

Remember those shoes! Everybody wore them! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, we need more pictures here!

Yes please, more pics. I will add a few more.They are pre WGI midwest pics though.