Old WGI Photos

lnavis

An interview with Mom and Dad at prelims.

Mom “We love it, kids love it, the best thing in the world for them”.

Dad “and they learn what hard work is and the rewards of hard work”.

Mom “We have 3 in corps, one in the drums, one in the horns right over there and first time in the color guard for us”.

And during the documentary and when the guard entered the floor, she took one photo and put down the camera.

77-20-family-1indrums-1inhorns-now1inguard-80.png

Finals at Seattle Arena. It wasn’t a gym. It was a huge arena; like for basketball or hockey! We rehearsed there once, lots of space, audience seats miles away, guards would have to project bigger and better than ever before, omg, panic, deep breath, yikes! Biggest winter guard venue I’d been in since 68 but very cool.

77-21-finals-ad-80.png

It’s finals, buying popcorn at the huge arena.

77-22-food-80.png

Eating popcorn at the arena with perhaps Jill Hudson from Marksmen on the left, not sure who’s on the right; both are having fun.

77-23-more-popcorn-80.png

• 2 weeks later...

Prior to my laptop’s hard drive error, I uploaded a few stills to my bucket. Once my laptop is fixed, I’ll upload the remaining retreat stills from the 14 minute documentary. I’ll also post the winter guard contest program from the same weekend held on February 26 and 27, 1977 in Seattle Washington. Thanks for your patience.

‘A Weekend Happening’ continued…Royal Sabres relaxing before finals at Seattle Arena on February 27, 1977

77-24-relaxing-spartans-80.png