• Bluecoats
    • Blue Stars
  3. 3. Best looking shako

• Blue Devils
    • Cadets
    • Southwind
    • Carolina Crown

Come on man,

Just because something is different, doesn't (I repeat) doesn't make it innovative or cool.

Now, we can argue back and forth between the definition of the word cool, but I won't.

Shoving a long glittering plant in the side of shako does not make you cool and looks stupid on the field. There are different ways you can do things if you want to go for a certain effect that would make it better than that.

Like having a quality program for starters...

:worthy:

talk about killing the spirit of drum corps. that was a) unprofessional, and B) flat out mean.

just because a corps, I dont care what corps it is, doesnt finish in the Top 12 DOES NOT mean that the program is not a quality one, and in no way affects the education you will get there. thats like saying just because you march Div II/III you wont have the same memories or expiriences as someone who marches Div I. its not true.

i think everyone has a right to their own opinion, but nobody has the right to be a butthead. you crossed the line man, and thats not cool. drum corps is about family, having a good time, and doing something you love, all while bettering yourself, and entertaining people. you have no right what-so-ever to judge the quality of a program in ANY drum corps since, last i checked, you dont even have a degree in music. while you have the right to say "i didnt like that" or something along those lines (hey its America we all the the right to an opinion). but nobody has the right to flat out degrade a corps because of their show, uniforms, guard design, anything. thats unprofessional, disrespectful, rude, mean, and hurtful. not to mention uncalled for.

thank you and have a nice day.

• Like 1

Well...that is very professional of you. <**> Its not like they aren't out there working hundreds of hours and spending thousands of dollars to entertain you. As a drum corps fan I appreciate everything that is done to give the audience something fresh and new, but that is just me...anybody else feel that way? Sure their shakos aren't the greatest thing out there, but a shako doesn't make a corps.

Thanks for listening. :)

thank you. :)

Come on man,

Just because something is different, doesn't (I repeat) doesn't make it innovative or cool.

Now, we can argue back and forth between the definition of the word cool, but I won't.

Shoving a long glittering plant in the side of shako does not make you cool and looks stupid on the field. There are different ways you can do things if you want to go for a certain effect that would make it better than that.

Like having a quality program for starters...

Come on man,

Just because your post cheap-shots a corps' show, it doesn't (I repeat) doesn't make it classy or cool.

Now, we can argue back and forth between the definition of the word "classy," but I won't.

Leaving a stupid blanket statement like "Like having a quality program..." does not make you cool and makes you look like an idiot. There are different ways you can do things if you want to make your arguments better.

Like actually reading what you wrote and editing it...

• 11 years later...

Can I resurrect this thread from 11 years ago? Just attended my first DCI show of 2017 in Denton a few days ago.  I was shocked and a bit miffed at how many corps were NOT wearing head wear.  All because of Bluecoats from last year??  Please Corps Directors, for the love of tradition, I beg you, please don't go in that direction.  :help:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tedrick said:

Blue Stars have shakos now - when did they last march pith helmets? Maybe back in 1989 when they were A-60 DCI Champions?

I'm pretty sure they were wearing white pith helmets with a red feather in 2006.

5 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

I'm pretty sure they were wearing white pith helmets with a red feather in 2006.

Thank you - I couldn't remember when they transitioned -- 

it would be kind of cool to see corps go back to their traditional uniforms once in awhile - hopefully when this dance craze fad peters out and designers get back to marching and playing music again....

This was unnecessary.