What are some of the fastest songs(bpm)

1 hour ago, trex1490 said:

God ####, BD 2009 they had a good amount of marching at around 250 BPM during "I Got Rhythm." I think that's gotta be the fastest I've seen anyone march.

The BD 2009 section you are referring was 236...and a big chunk of it was at single-time...they also would just crab instead of sliding for those sections as well... 

• Thanks 1

I have to say music played by the Cadets in 2011 is WAY UP THERE...esp. angels in the architecture  

3 minutes 186bpm

jazz run of 176-180 for another 3 minutes

an accelerando that peaked at 200

a ballad at 90 but marched at double-time

zipper at end was 184 and last minute 200-206

INCREDIBLE!

I just realized this thread was from 2006.....LOL

Edited by Liahona
  • Haha 1

Garfield Cadets Rocky Point Holiday 1983... rehearsed at 210.

Moving at anything 210 or over 210.. while simultaneously playing demanding parts... has me tip my hat to those that have marched Corps with segments at this rate.  I break out in a sweat now just thinking about speeds like this... lol

21 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Moving at anything 210 or over 210.. while simultaneously playing demanding parts... has me tip my hat to those that have marched Corps with segments at this rate.  I break out in a sweat now just thinking about speeds like this... lol

Yep -- much respect to MMs!  For 20 years I marched at 120 bpm, so I know *I* couldn't keep up. 

• Like 1

Old thread no?  The challenge of running and playing is lost on me but I was not in corps.  I do not know the bpm on the allegro molto of Bartok's "strings,percussion,celesta"s  but the accelerando is mental!  And 1993 Star didn't temper it and then slammed on the brakes. I stopped watching DCI . Carolina Crown's 2013 program was the last cool thing for me. 

3 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Yep -- much respect to MMs!  For 20 years I marched at 120 bpm, so I know *I* couldn't keep up. 

And if Jack Whalen was timing and penalty judge at that contest, he'd tick a corps if they were off the cadence number.

• Like 1