"Tech Talk" forum added.

Always a helpful tool for members regarding today's technology and such.

Enjoy. :)

This is the error i see

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken.

You have to have access to the OT forums, which you can get in the DCP Customer Service Forum

Forum - A "public" meeting place for "open" discussion

What's the point on creating a new forum, if by default, nobody has access to it?

This ERROR: "Sorry, the link that brought you to this page seems to be out of date or broken." Says the site is broken, not that I don't have sufficient permissions/access. Not to be the detailed orientated person that I am, but ........

Since dcp's main purpose is to relate drum corps news, and not everyone wants to be involved with the off topic forums, they have been made so that you must request access to them.

again, done b/c the main goal of dcp is to support drum corps, and fortunately they give us a place to go talk about other things if we choose.

There is a thread in the site discussions thread if you would like to request access.

Since dcp's main purpose is to relate drum corps news, and not everyone wants to be involved with the off topic forums, they have been made so that you must request access to them.

Why not just make it a checkbox option in My Controls or My Assistant?

One would think that if everyone wanted access, you'd have at least 100 people from each corps, for 30 or more corps for about 3000 "requests" or more in a single discussion thread for requesting access. I'm all for creating jobs, but that job might be a little redundant. And then people tend to change their minds, and change it often.

Why not just make it a checkbox option in My Controls or My Assistant?

One would think that if everyone wanted access, you'd have at least 100 people from each corps, for 30 or more corps for about 3000 "requests" or more in a single discussion thread for requesting access. I'm all for creating jobs, but that job might be a little redundant. And then people tend to change their minds, and change it often.

Tristan hit the nail on the head. You may want to read this thread.