finals predictions

Bottom Three

Colt Cadets

Memphis Sound

BDB

I'm sure Memphis Sound is extremely ready to break into the rankings in division II. BDB is clean, but a bit lack-luster at times. Nevertheless, they can always pull the clean card during the season.

We'll see about that...

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So basicly your prediction ANOTHER Yamato heart break...... :P

sigh, I wish I wasn't. I want to see Yamato take the whole thing. I've been hoping for that since 2003. 2nd place finishes and a third in 3 years. It's crazy. It seems like they're always good but just not good enough. Actually I shouldn't say that, because I thought they should have won in 2003 and 2004, especially 2003. But alas, if Revolution progresses from what they had last year, and from reports it seems as though they have, I can see them easily winning. From what I understand it's a group of older (average age in the high teens somewhere) group of kids who know what they're doing. They had a strong showing last year. and from the camp reports it seems as though they are very large for division III....we all know that bigger may not always mean better, but in the case of division III, it is more times than not. so we shall see.

one thing I find interesting is that everyone has put their own corps in the top 3, or has been defensive about where someone else has put their corps. I love these types of threads. just for kicks, I think I'll post what I think will happen.

1. Academy (won't be surprised if they win, won't be surprised if they don't)

2. ECJ (I'm not gonna say anything here, I'm not one to hype my own corps)

3. Spartans (always strong. The color guard will be strong and the visual program overall will be very good. the two high points for this corps I believe)

4. Impulse (last year's show was great. a little repetitive, but hey, most of us like 04 Cavies :P . They will be bigger and better than last year.)

5. BDB (they were successful last year with what they were putting out before they stopped competing, I believe they beat both Fever and SCVC most of the way.)

6. SCVC (I've heard from a number of people that they are having number issues, but they will still be good. They have been to the top before and could jump up as high as 4th I believe.)

7. Oregon Crusaders (They will be better than last year, but the competition will still be really stiff for them to make a jump in division II)

8. Teal Sound (they were good last year, but with 3 more corps who are very competitive coming to finals this year, I think a drop is inevitable.)

9. Surf (will have made some major improvements over the past couple of years. brassline should benefit from the Bb line. If their marching/technique improves as much as some of them have stated, then we could see them as high as 5th or 6th.)

10. Memphis Sound (Don't know much about this corps but from what I remember they are yet to beat a division II corps at finals which is perfectly fine, because they have entertaining shows and definitely have the hunger to move up. I'm hoping to see all around improvement this year compared to the last two.

11. Colt Cadets (have Colt Cadets ever gone to finals before? for some reason I don't remember. if so, they have been gone for a while, and being in division II now will be interesting for them. I know they were last year as well, but they didn't compete in finals.)

so there's my opinions on what's gonna go down this summer. Obviously these things could be changed and still make sense. There are a few corps I could see winning it. I'm looking forward to seeing how BDB and SCVC impact the placements this year. For some reason, I have a feeling that Academy will be towards the very top so I'm not as excited about them. I'd also really love to see Impulse place exceptionally well.

sigh, I wish I wasn't. I want to see Yamato take the whole thing. I've been hoping for that since 2003. 2nd place finishes and a third in 3 years. It's crazy. It seems like they're always good but just not good enough. Actually I shouldn't say that, because I thought they should have won in 2003 and 2004, especially 2003. But alas, if Revolution progresses from what they had last year, and from reports it seems as though they have, I can see them easily winning. From what I understand it's a group of older (average age in the high teens somewhere) group of kids who know what they're doing. They had a strong showing last year. and from the camp reports it seems as though they are very large for division III....we all know that bigger may not always mean better, but in the case of division III, it is more times than not. so we shall see.

one thing I find interesting is that everyone has put their own corps in the top 3, or has been defensive about where someone else has put their corps. I love these types of threads. just for kicks, I think I'll post what I think will happen.

1. Academy (won't be surprised if they win, won't be surprised if they don't)

2. ECJ (I'm not gonna say anything here, I'm not one to hype my own corps)

3. Spartans (always strong. The color guard will be strong and the visual program overall will be very good. the two high points for this corps I believe)

4. Impulse (last year's show was great. a little repetitive, but hey, most of us like 04 Cavies :P . They will be bigger and better than last year.)

5. BDB (they were successful last year with what they were putting out before they stopped competing, I believe they beat both Fever and SCVC most of the way.)

6. SCVC (I've heard from a number of people that they are having number issues, but they will still be good. They have been to the top before and could jump up as high as 4th I believe.)

7. Oregon Crusaders (They will be better than last year, but the competition will still be really stiff for them to make a jump in division II)

8. Teal Sound (they were good last year, but with 3 more corps who are very competitive coming to finals this year, I think a drop is inevitable.)

9. Surf (will have made some major improvements over the past couple of years. brassline should benefit from the Bb line. If their marching/technique improves as much as some of them have stated, then we could see them as high as 5th or 6th.)

10. Memphis Sound (Don't know much about this corps but from what I remember they are yet to beat a division II corps at finals which is perfectly fine, because they have entertaining shows and definitely have the hunger to move up. I'm hoping to see all around improvement this year compared to the last two.

11. Colt Cadets (have Colt Cadets ever gone to finals before? for some reason I don't remember. if so, they have been gone for a while, and being in division II now will be interesting for them. I know they were last year as well, but they didn't compete in finals.)

so there's my opinions on what's gonna go down this summer. Obviously these things could be changed and still make sense. There are a few corps I could see winning it. I'm looking forward to seeing how BDB and SCVC impact the placements this year. For some reason, I have a feeling that Academy will be towards the very top so I'm not as excited about them. I'd also really love to see Impulse place exceptionally well.

i like what you said about all the corps....good post!

but why aren't you as excited about academy? lol

My Predictions (Finally)

Division II

The Academy - Last year they rocked the house in Denver! Now with a larger group and a full tour.......

ECJ - Building Momentum but not strong enough against 135

Spartans - Always consistantly Strong year in and year out!

BDB - The BD organization on a whole is on a mission!

IMPULSE - they have been too quiet and this could mean really good things or really bad things.

Oregon Crusaders - Smaller group than last year - so they should be cleaner and MIGHTY!

SCVC - Good enough for the middle tier but not yet strong enough for a trip back to the top.

Teal Sound - The field of corps all got better around them - they lost some key staff too. Could be higher.

Jersey Surf - Always the most Entertaining Divsion II out there!

Memphis Sound -The switch of horns and better focus help, but they may still be on the outside looking in.

Colt Cadets - These kids have fun and it shows!

Only gonna do the Top 9 Semis for Division III

Revolution - No comment -I have a recording of a rehearsal, just need to figure out hoe to post it! b**bs

Raiders - Nice tunes but hard to top Revolution's mission

Yamato - Coming together so late always hurts them! Good show package though!

Spokane Thunder - Simplistic music will hurt due to the difficultiy and expirence of the top three.

Capital Sound - Overall better year but size will be a factor

Fever - Could be a dark horse in thier new division but with change of staff who knows!

Mystical - Like Spokane but could also make a run for the top.

Dutch Boy - Fun, Fun, Fun, but not enough

OPEN SLOT FOR SEMIS - who wants it bad enough (Insert Corps name here!)

I reserve the right to change my opionons as the season progresses! I as an ageout of a Div II/III corps that no longer exsist <**> , I am a fan of all Div II/III!

My Predictions (Finally)

Division II

ECJ - Building Momentum but not strong enough against 135

I love how EVERYONE just assumed that size plays such a big role in scoring. Do you all not remember that Blue Stars and Surf had full corps last year. OC and Fever weren't too far from it.

Quality over Quantity.

Caption Predictions

GE Spartans

Guard Spartans

Brass ECJ or Academy

Percussion ECJ, SCVC, BDB or Teal Sound.

Last I heard SCVC wasn't having any more number issues than any other typical division 2 or 3 corps ;)

That aside, I do think ECJ proved last year that numbers don't mean anything. They just mean more feet to clean!

With a lot of the west coast corps being in "questionable" positions I think we will all have a stronger idea of placements after this coming weekend, it being Vanguard's and Fever's home shows (I think?)

I've heard clips or got some inside info from almost every DIV 2

Here's my prediction:

top five in any order

Academy

ECJ

Spartans

BDB

OC

ALL of those corps can easily take the title

6-8

Impulse

Teal Sound

SCVC

9.Memphis Sound

10. Surf

11. Colt Cadets

After watching the newest Blue View. I'm afraid I'm gonna have to bump BDB down with the 6-8 corps, mainly b/c of the brass. 7 CYMBALS.

One thing that was noticable with BDA, BDB, BDC... All the guards were GOOD.

Edited by MelloHorn13

I'm not as excited about Academy because I have this hunch that they will be 1 or 2. BDB and SCVC however, could fall anywhere. Makes it interesting. I'm looking forward to hearing Academy (probably won't get to see them really).

and thank you for correcting me Ed. Obviously that was the last I had heard and you would obviously know better than I.

and I hate to say it. But as much as we'd like to think size doesn't come in to play, it often does.

Edited by leadsop97