I'm feeling ornery...

"Questions or concerns a member may have regarding any Policies/Guidelines must be handled privately via e-mail, or the Private Message (PM) feature to any DCP staff member. Public threads/posts regarding DCP Policies/Guidelines will be locked/removed."

TRANSLATION

WAAAAAAAAH FREAKING WAH. Apparently, community discussion is a thing of the past in the new DCP. And apparently threads can be locked by moderators when their sense of humour isn't tickled the way others' is.

I'm NOT going to PM you or any other mod, because this shouldn't be a ONE-ON-ONE discussion. It should be a COMMUNITY discussion.

Feel free to ban me if you don't like it, but it thoroughly bites that we can only discuss this in an adversarial one-to-one capacity, when a lot of good could come by revising the guidelines based on what the majority feels.

(And before anyone whines at me...yes, I have contributed money to DCP when I've been able...)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in before it closes.... BUTTTTTTT

well...ok. Point made and understood, and sorta well spoken. But on the other hand...everyone take 5 steps back and look hard at what was

happening in here with all the "mocking" silly threads. That's just stupid posting as well... my OPINION.

jeez...and here I felt bad when we got too carried away in historical threads and things got kind outta hand. :ph34r:

Creating threads just to make "soapbox" issues is the REAL waste of time here... maybe you should sign off...walk away and have a glass of milk or something...

in before it closes.... BUTTTTTTT

well...ok. Point made and understood, and sorta well spoken. But on the other hand...everyone take 5 steps back and look hard at what was

happening in here with all the "mocking" silly threads. That's just stupid posting as well... my OPINION.

jeez...and here I felt bad when we got too carried away in historical threads and things got kind outta hand. :ph34r:

Creating threads just to make "soapbox" issues is the REAL waste of time here... maybe you should sign off...walk away and have a glass of milk or something...

* nodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnodsnods *

something i wanted to post before it got closed in the " all these new mods" thread....

new mods? you've been a member for a week....think about that for a second?

and because you've not been here that long, you've missed the gazillion other times this discussion has come up, under every single ownership dcp has gone through also.

bottom line always comes down to...it's a privately owned and operated site. if you're not a fan of how it's run, well, it's not a democracy. too bad. i've had to tell kids on MBP this too...it never goes over well, but it's the dirty truth.

and seriously....we have better things to talk about than mocking jokes of threads. i 99% doubt that each and every single one of those threads could turn into a serious respectable conversation, and seeing how they were created as a tongue in cheek thing, i see no reason they shouldn't be closed, or at least just start a " ______ will win dci, and here's why" thread and have all corps discussed in it. then someone coming to look for scores or actual relevant discussion doesn't have to wade through two pages of essentially the same thread. if you wanna shoot the breeze while waiting for scores to come in, request access to the off topic forums.

something i wanted to post before it got closed in the " all these new mods" thread....

and because you've not been here that long, you've missed the gazillion other times this discussion has come up, under every single ownership dcp has gone through also.

Nikk has been here for a long time, and has contributed to the site financially. The Tsar is his second screen name. Think about that for a second.

bottom line always comes down to...it's a privately owned and operated site. if you're not a fan of how it's run, well, it's not a democracy. too bad. i've had to tell kids on MBP this too...it never goes over well, but it's the dirty truth.

and seriously....we have better things to talk about than mocking jokes of threads. i 99% doubt that each and every single one of those threads could turn into a serious respectable conversation, and seeing how they were created as a tongue in cheek thing, i see no reason they shouldn't be closed, or at least just start a " ______ will win dci, and here's why" thread and have all corps discussed in it. then someone coming to look for scores or actual relevant discussion doesn't have to wade through two pages of essentially the same thread. if you wanna shoot the breeze while waiting for scores to come in, request access to the off topic forums.

I've been on DCP considerably longer than a week.

And I have ALWAYS disagreed with the way the ship is run, so this is nothing new.

It may be a privately owned and operated site, this is true...but it's still a community...and in a community, last I checked, people have the right to speak their mind. Democracy or not.

I find it ironically funny that I just received a PM asking me in an inquisitorial tone why I felt the need to have three different screen names for DCP, as if I were using them simultaneously to troll or something...last I checked, plenty of DCPers have changed their screen names. I wonder how many of them have gotten an email asking them why they felt the need to do so.

Sheesh.

P.S. "Every single ownership?" I've been on DCP since the beginning, and I only recall two owners, George and the new guy. You make it sound like this discussion is coming up every other month due to a regime change.

Edited by The Tsar