-- Indianapolis Scores --

Blue Knights are only tenths behind SCV right now...

Dang, BK, right...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got in from the show - great show! I litened to scores with Matt (Maedhros) from DCP.

Here's how I ranked them:

1. Blue Devils

2. Cavaliers

3. Bluecoats

4. Cadets

5. Madison Scouts

6. Carolina Crown

7. Glassmen

8. Colts

9. Blue Stars

10. Crossmen

11. Capital Regiment

12. Southwind

13. Magic

14. Pioneer

Quick thoughts (JMHO, of course):

-BD will peak and get passed up by Cavaliers in late July

-Bluecoats are for real, should be beating closely Cadets right now

-Madison still has a weak ending, Crown's show is good but doesn't do anything for me

-Glassmen's show design is top notch this year - right up with Cavaliers' as best in DCI

-Crossmen have a great, entertaining show but are much too high right now

-Colts are coming out swinging - strong show

-Blue Stars have a great product, but drop the limited narration

-Minnesota Brass - WOW!

Were the only 3 top 12 contenders not there Regiment, SCV and Spirit, or am I missing one?

Two more contenders absent....Boston and Blue Knights. Let's not count out the Blue Stars either.

Looks like the 12th spot is being held onto by Spirit, with Crossmen, Colts and Blue Stars breathing down their necks.

Two more contenders absent....Boston and Blue Knights. Let's not count out the Blue Stars either.

Looks like the 12th spot is being held onto by Spirit, with Crossmen, Colts and Blue Stars breathing down their necks.

Crossmen's Spirit tied for 12th... beat Colts, beat Colts

-Glassmen's show design is top notch this year - right up with Cavaliers' as best in DCI

I can NOT wait to see this show!!! I've been excited about it since I first heard about it and now it's just KILLING me that I may not see them til the end of the season..

-Blue Stars have a great product, but drop the limited narration

:rock:

I've seen the show twice (last weekend) and absolutely LOVED it, but never heard any narration.. can you give some more details about that?

Thanks!!

Stef

Yes they added narration, I saw it on Season Pass. The show can stand alone without it, IMHO

I can NOT wait to see this show!!! I've been excited about it since I first heard about it and now it's just KILLING me that I may not see them til the end of the season..

:rock:

I've seen the show twice (last weekend) and absolutely LOVED it, but never heard any narration.. can you give some more details about that?

Thanks!!

Stef

Glassmen had my favorite show overall tonight. Yes, I'm serious.

As for the Blue Stars, there's not a whole lot of narration, but still too much (IMHO). A pit member (ala BD '05) speaks in the beginning about the different types of freedoms portrayed in the show, which then leads into the first big hit. The only other narration is at the beginning of each movement explaing what freedom it is and what it means. It's not a lot, but it is unnecessary and distracting. The mic was also going in and out during the performance. Otherwise, a fantastic show.