Arnold, MD show July22nd

Who attended this show?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there, and I'd say it was difficult to do a review. The third corps on had to stop because of lightning and the show was delayed about an hour and a half. They came back on and performed the entire show from the top. Most of the already small crowd left. I wouldn't even say there were any corps worth writing about, except for one group, and I can't even remember their name. The Marines performed in the pouring rain for the few people left to watch. The PA system went down during the Marines' half-way break. The announcer read the scores off to those who were standing around him at the bottom of the stands, the drum majors marched out for scores but were stopped and told to go home. The Hurricanes won. That's all I know.

I wouldn't even say there were any corps worth writing about, except for one group, and I can't even remember their name.

Thanks for that incredibly tasteless and utterly pointless review. <**>

Thanks for that incredibly tasteless and utterly pointless review. <**>

My gut feeling is that the SSGT didn't mean it that way, I hope... I only saw Hurcs for a few minutes from outside of the fence and they sounded very good. Congratulations on a good win. I love the competition!

I wouldn't even say there were any corps worth writing about, except for one group, and I can't even remember their name

<**> <**> <**> <**>

Edited by Robbie Ellis

I wouldn't even say there were any corps worth writing about

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I think that it is a real shame for people to dismiss this show as a bad show just because it consisted mainly of the smaller corps. We were all out in the sun, heat, humidity, rain, thunder and lightning all day and night. We were all trying to put out the best show we could, even if it was for a small crowd.

I actually believe that this show was probably more entertaining than the Lewisburg show, and I will tell you why. Lewisburg had all the 'big boys', who are all fighting for the top spots in finals. They know, as do the fans, that they will be on the field that last Sunday night. I think that the small corps show was more entertaining because we are all fighting tooth and nail for those last few finals spots. We are all pouring our hearts and souls into this fight, and you can see that passion in each of our corps. I'm not saying that the larger corps are not putting 110% in, just that it's a little easier for them overall.

Another point is that this show was hard for everybody. The weather conditions were just awful, and it was a long drive for everyone as well. But we all tried our hardest, and when that storm hit, we didn't give up for the day. I think everyone in that stadium wanted to keep pushing and finish the show. It's not fair to give such a harsh review to our corps when we tried our ****dest to put on the best show we could under the circumstances.

And if I recall, there were members from several corps who stood and sat in that pouring rain to watch the Marine Corps entire performance. We stood out there to pay our respect to our collegues, and it is a sad day when that respect cannot be returned.

~BatmanSwiss

Edited by Batman Swiss

Well I was there performing and WE ALL DID A GREAT JOB!!!! Congratulations to the Hurricannes!!! It is always such a RUSH performing to the Northern crowds!! I had a blast :) It was really great to see everyone perform. See ya'll in Rochester!!!

I'm sorry that you feel that way. I think that it is a real shame for people to dismiss this show as a bad show just because it consisted mainly of the smaller corps. We were all out in the sun, heat, humidity, rain, thunder and lightning all day and night. We were all trying to put out the best show we could, even if it was for a small crowd.

I actually believe that this show was probably more entertaining than the Lewisburg show, and I will tell you why. Lewisburg had all the 'big boys', who are all fighting for the top spots in finals. They know, as do the fans, that they will be on the field that last Sunday night. I think that the small corps show was more entertaining because we are all fighting tooth and nail for those last few finals spots. We are all pouring our hearts and souls into this fight, and you can see that passion in each of our corps. I'm not saying that the larger corps are not putting 110% in, just that it's a little easier for them overall.

Another point is that this show was hard for everybody. The weather conditions were just awful, and it was a long drive for everyone as well. But we all tried our hardest, and when that storm hit, we didn't give up for the day. I think everyone in that stadium wanted to keep pushing and finish the show. It's not fair to give such a harsh review to our corps when we tried our ****dest to put on the best show we could under the circumstances.

And if I recall, there were members from several corps who stood and sat in that pouring rain to watch the Marine Corps entire performance. We stood out there to pay our respect to our collegues, and it is a sad day when that respect cannot be returned.

~BatmanSwiss

Great post.!!

Personally I would like to thank the members of the Shenandoah Sound drum and bugle corps for the courtesy they showed me this weekend.They went out of their way to put on a heck of a show.Had it not been for them,,,we may not have had water before we went on the field.They certainly went out of their way to accommodate the corps in every way.

Bathrooms and practice facilities were first rate and well maintained.

YOu GUYS ROCK!

In my third season of marching DCA I have come to expect that EVERYTHING is going to go wrong while on tour.I find comfort when SOMETHING does go right,,,

Shame about the weather.Yes it started to downpour and lightning about 8 min into our show and we were directed off the field.Thanks DCA for wisely doing that.Its better to be safe than to be sorry.

I didn't get to see any shows except for a brief amount of the CV show and the Marine Corps show.Lots of wet equipment to load up.

CV has a very entertaining visual show this year and represented the south very well at this contest.I look for them to do well at finals this year.GO CV!