He||

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll leave the final answer to Rich, but yes, this topic has come up time and time again, and as far as I know, there are no plans to alter the filter settings. I haven't seen to many topics discussing the religious subject, and swearing is not allowed on DCP.

Actually, the subject of heaven and he|| has come up quite often in the current events forum and we either get ####, or H*ll or someone uses the default "hades" .

Personally, I think since the forum admins like to say "Our membership includes people as young as 13" (tho I've yet to see it, especially in the Current Events forum) then I say let's adopt the MPAA ratings for PG13, where the world he|| is ok IN CONTEXT (funny: "I'm so going to #### for this" or in exasperation "What the #### were you thinking? "We don't have a chance in ####". "Go to ####" however, is not allowed).

I've often wondered, if the INTENT is conveyed "I F###ing Hate F###ing Amps" what difference is it if the "UCK" is in there or not?

What ever.

I think they mean well, but if all you have is a hammer, then you look for nails.

The censors strike me as...young.

They shut down my thread immediately, calling it off-topic, but stating later that it was shut down because of its inapppropriate title. It mentioned "l*p d*nce." I can't believe I just had to use stars for the first letter of the alphabet.

It was a reference to the fact that the Penthouse Club sponsored the DCI broadcast in New York.

But you can discuss the sexual attractiveness of current corps members on all sorts of "hottie" threads.

PG13, is it? Have you heard how 13-yr olds talk these days, by the way? PG43 would set a higher standard.

Ridiculous.

Repeat, ridiculous.

• 1 month later...

As I've said in....i don't know what ever CE forum it was, I was talking about the Republican Candidate for State Senator. His name is D ick. I see that Geoff manually went in and fixed it so that some non-existant 12 year old hanging out in the Current Event's forum won't see some guy's name. IT'S A PERSON'S NAME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!!!!!!Considering he had time to go in and make the changes, I would think that we have the ability and the intelligence to use some sort of context meter. If someone is talking about, oh....say..... D ick Nixon, a form US president, I see no reason why the name can't stay.

If a member calls someone a d ick... then that right there is a break of the rules (personal attack) and that member should be dealt with accordingly.

Same thing for discussing heaven and He||. Completely different if I tell soMeone to go to he\\ or that I hope they burn in he\\ but in many religous discussions (serious, grown up discussions, ones that little 12 year olds would have no interest in) talking about Heaven and He\\, IN THE SAME CONTEXT AS THE HOLY BIBLE should not be problem.

Like I said.....it's not a "time" issue. Geoff had time to change my post in several places...because I was talkinga bout a state senator....and lord knows how damaging that could be to a kid.

Seriously...... if you guy want to be taken seriously as forum admins.... you have to yourselves behave in a serious manner. The d ick thing and the he\\ thing are just two examples of how ridiculous the rules are when it comes to conversation around here.

We're talking about a person's fricken name. And "here we go again" because the admins conveniently ignore the issue.

I wonder if I can still say the name of the director of our Souvies. Robin Kino####a. Let's see how this filters.....

Oh sweet Jesus....her last name (pronounced Kin-o-shee-ta) is still filtered out.

What a ####### joke.

Edited by LisaLisaMoMeesa

Be prepared...I already sense the "if you don't like it, lump it" response.

CE is by request only...and most there are of the age and maturity level to handle things like seeing someone named d-i-c-k or the word h-e-l-l used in context.

Oh, well.

Be prepared...I already sense the "if you don't like it, lump it" response.

CE is by request only...and most there are of the age and maturity level to handle things like seeing someone named d-i-c-k or the word h-e-l-l used in context.

Oh, well.

We're never going to get he\\. I can guarantee you that. Fine... no biggy, but when it's part of someone's name, it's just ridiculous and insulting to the users of DCP.

What ever.

Robin Kino####a, must suck to have your last name treated like a swear word.

And the Republican Candidate for Senator named D ick Mountjoy, good thing the senate race isn't a contentious one..... can you imagine the silly, sophomoric conversation we would have to have to just to debate it.

What joke.