He||

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The filters aren't forum-sensitive - it's all forums or no forums.

(Not my place to advocate one way or the other - just an FYI.)

Mike

Oh I'm not worried about whether they're forum sensitive.... one time I was in the DCA area talking about souvies and wanted to give the email address to our souvies person (Robin). She actually had to change her name in her email address so we could post it. She had to change it to Robin Kinosh1ta. I just thought it was lame and immature. Then when I brought up the Reb. Senator candidate, it just sorta welled up all that frustration at this completely lame use of the filters. I'm not going to open my wrists over this, and I won't stop using the forum.....I just hope intelligent minds can prevail here. The forum admins obviously have time to use their internal context meters....so why not use them?

We're talking about a person's fricken name. And "here we go again" because the admins conveniently ignore the issue.

I wonder if I can still say the name of the director of our Souvies. Robin Kino####a. Let's see how this filters.....

Oh sweet Jesus....her last name (pronounced Kin-o-shee-ta) is still filtered out.

What a ####### joke.

We don't ignore the issue. We never have. We just get tired of addressing it every couple months when someone brings it up again.

Would you like me to address it again? Ok, here goes:

The forum filter software is not going to change. The filters are in place for a reason. Filter circumvention is against our forum guidelines, and repeated offenses will be dealt with accordingly.

Lisa, if you would like to take the time to write the software for a forum that can understand context, I'm sure we'd be more than happy to take a look at it.

And the Republican Candidate for Senator named D ick Mountjoy, good thing the senate race isn't a contentious one..... can you imagine the silly, sophomoric conversation we would have to have to just to debate it.

Especially if his wifes name was Joy.

...thank you, I'll be here all week, ladies and germs...and please try the veal.

Edited by bawker

We don't ignore the issue. We never have. We just get tired of addressing it every couple months when someone brings it up again.

Would you like me to address it again? Ok, here goes:

The forum filter software is not going to change. The filters are in place for a reason. Filter circumvention is against our forum guidelines, and repeated offenses will be dealt with accordingly.

Lisa, if you would like to take the time to write the software for a forum that can understand context, I'm sure we'd be more than happy to take a look at it.

I think the issue is: why go in and change it after the fact if the fliter circumvention is in context (re: a persons name). Male genitals and the Vice President are pretty far apart on the context scale...well, depending what political beliefs you have, anyway. :P

Do we really want to ban people just for using a Vice Presidents or a Renegades staffers name?

That sends a somewhat mixed message, considering all the ######, sex and other sophomoric allusions that are made daily in the Bored forum.

We don't allow filter circumvention in any way shape of form. This has been a rule since day one of DCP.

For consistancy (you know, that little thing we here at DCP often get accused of NOT having), we handle all instances of filter circumvention the same, context being irrelevant.

If would be nice if the very small minority of members who bring this issue up every couple months would understand that.

For consistancy (you know, that little thing we here at DCP often get accused of NOT having)

Consistancy:

Postings should neither reference nor link to illegal activity or contain graphic or overtly-sexual material. Keep in mind that community members are as young as 13 years of age.

Is that why threads about "Steak and BJ night" get a pass? Or is that just the DCP Good Ol' Boys network in action? :)

I'm not really sure what thread you are speaking about. I will assume this was in the Bored forum?

Personally, I haven't been hanging out in there much.

Did you report the thread?

I'm not really sure what thread you are speaking about. I will assume this was in the Bored forum?

Personally, I haven't been hanging out in there much.

Did you report the thread?

Which one?

Personally, I never hit report unless its something thats a troll that needs to be cleaned up. I'm just trying to understand how consistancy is one thing on one subject...yet is another on something else, with both presumably being "in context".