? about finals week, inclement weather

I'm attending my first finals week this year, so I am wondering what would be done in the case of a rainout on any of the 3 nights. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure they just postpone the show, and if it doesn't let up they will cancel. That is what happened in Dallas and Jacksonville.

There really isn't time for them to "reschedule" the show.

I guess what I'm wondering is, if quarters are cancelled, would the top 17 avg. corps move to the semis? If semis were rained out, would the top 12 from the quarters move to the finals? If finals were rained out would the champ be the winner of the semis, or would finals be held Sunday, or the first available non-rainy day?

I guess what I'm wondering is, if quarters are cancelled, would the top 17 avg. corps move to the semis? If semis were rained out, would the top 12 from the quarters move to the finals? If finals were rained out would the champ be the winner of the semis, or would finals be held Sunday, or the first available non-rainy day?

In 1994 I think it was quarterfinals that got partially rained out, and they advanced the corps to semifinals based on previous scores. (Someone probably needs to verify this; I'm a little sketchy trying to remember). Finals last year were delayed due to lightning in the area; there have been many rain delays in the past (especially Florida shows). I don't think DCI has ever had a situation where finals were totally rained out.

I've always wondered what would happen if there was an extensive rain delay....like a storm that showed no signs of letting up... luckily it hasn't happened yet.

Orlando was delayed on Qtrs night for quite a while in 03, but they got it cranked up as soon as they could. I imagine the same is true for any other night.

Boston 94 I believe they seeded the Top 8 corps into Finals based on previous scores. The battle to make finals had been decided already.