Cadets morale?

Hrothgar, if I was a drum corps director, I would put on a NSYNC Concert, just to see you complain.

I hate NSYNC, I don't like singing, but if it involves me getting to see you post how much you hate it, I'm in.

~>conner

actually i think God would get mad at you for that :P

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, maybe because it's a cheesy, immature, corny, stupid, farcical mockery of a drum corps show?

" It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man or women who is actually in the arena; Whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; Who strives valiently; Who errs and comes up short again and again......who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends themselves in a worthy cause; Who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst if he ( or she ) fails, at least fails while daring greatly; So that his ( her ) place shall never be with those cold and timid Souls who know neither victory, nor defeat. For it is far better to dare mighty things, to win or not win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor Spirits who neither enjoy much, or suffer much. Be wise, they are not in the Arena. They live in the gray twilight that knows not of victory, nor defeat, nor tue sorrow, nor true love "......... ( Theodore Roosevelt )

I have NEVER understood how any former member of a corps...or competitive MB...can try and split hairs and claim they are not dissing the members...just the show those members are putting their hearts and souls into all season long....and claim that it's an OK thing to do.

Even in my day...what we did was a part of our corps season experience...in addition to how well we did it.

IMO it's a copout by those who dislike drum corps today and try to weasle out of thinking they are attacking the members when they comment on the "what" a corps is performing. Maybe they can convince themselves of that great wall of separation, but IMO it's a lousy thing to do.

BS. the kids didnt write it. even in my reviews, while i did make more than few comments about horrid design, i always gave the kids props for performing it as best as theycould.

btw, let him say what he wants. as long as he doesnt break the guidelines...something many of his bashers did IMO...he's fine.

plus the entertainment value is priceless

" It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man or women who is actually in the arena; Whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; Who strives valiently; Who errs and comes up short again and again......who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends themselves in a worthy cause; Who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst if he ( or she ) fails, at least fails while daring greatly; So that his ( her ) place shall never be with those cold and timid Souls who know neither victory, nor defeat. For it is far better to dare mighty things, to win or not win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure than to take rank with those poor Spirits who neither enjoy much, or suffer much. Be wise, they are not in the Arena. They live in the gray twilight that knows not of victory, nor defeat, nor tue sorrow, nor true love "......... ( Theodore Roosevelt )

Good quote! I used part of that on a motivational poster today- it's one of my favorites.

Good night all!!

-Wild Nights :ph34r:

I just got back from watching ensemble and I didn't see any morale problems even while pushing through it even admist a down pour of rain. After a show for the town they had a feast of steaks, chicken, pork chops, baked potatoes, seafood linguine and salad.

I haven't marched yet, either. I've still got time though. ^^