Looking for Japanese corps information around Tokyo

Ape

Hmm! So this conflicts with the Okayama event. According to the 2005 site, various drum corps were at the Okayama event, but maybe this year they are doing the Tokyo event.

Don't know really. Last year, the Autumn Preview was at the end of the month instead of at the beginning, but the only DCJ corps that participated in Okayama were The Yokohama Scouts and Cherry Blossoms. However, Blossoms have on their schedule the August 8th Tokyo performance, and with the Yokohama Scouts currently (according to Yamato's director) in a planning stage to participate in the 2007 DCI season, may be staying home instead of making the trek out to Kansai.

But in any case, the DCJ Autumn Preview is a really neat event and you should go if you have the time :)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Drum Corps Japan Autumn Preview is October 8th in Tokyo.

It's an outdoor exhibition event that will take place at Ohta Stadium. About 8 drum corps from Tokyo, Kanagawa, Saitama, and wherever Imperial Sound is from (Sorry, can't remember) will be there. Corps will be performing their full shows plus an encore presentation of "Let It Be Me."

Not sure of exact information yet and DCJ hasn't updated their site in quite some time. But if it was like last year, corps will be at the stadium all day rehearsing from about 9:00am. Actual festivities last year started around 4:00pm I think.

So Rick and Bob, you guys better be there to say hi to me :P

I'll be there!!!!

Thanks you guys for incredible response!!

I will be there too!! I 'm thinking of DCJ event in Tokyo. Please let me know if you get more information of the event, coz I think that English finformation will not be post on DCJ webpage :( My only hope to get there is just YOU :)

What if I want to hang out with some corps for the time that I will be there? I fon't know that they will rehearse only weekend or everyday? But the thingy is, will they mind if I hang out aroiund there rehearsal site?

This year I will go to USA for joining MBI on December but I and my friend(DanoZ) really want to march with Japanese corps. May be the next 1 or 2 years we will go there to join some corps. I wish to get lots more information during this October trip to Tokyo.

Thanks you guys for incredible response!!

I will be there too!! I 'm thinking of DCJ event in Tokyo. Please let me know if you get more information of the event, coz I think that English finformation will not be post on DCJ webpage :( My only hope to get there is just YOU :)

What if I want to hang out with some corps for the time that I will be there? I fon't know that they will rehearse only weekend or everyday? But the thingy is, will they mind if I hang out aroiund there rehearsal site?

This year I will go to USA for joining MBI on December but I and my friend(DanoZ) really want to march with Japanese corps. May be the next 1 or 2 years we will go there to join some corps. I wish to get lots more information during this October trip to Tokyo.

What dates exactly will you be in Tokyo? Most of these corps' main rehearsals are on Sundays. However, with Prefecture regionals in Tokyo, Saitama, and Kanagawa taking place the weekend before (Oct. 1), you may not find anyone at their rehearsal sites, though with Oct. 9th being a national holiday, corps might take that time to put in a little rehearsal (if they're not in Okayama).

You're more than welcome to hang our with me for the day if you want. I won't know the exact details of the day until Oct. 1, but if like last year, everyone will be showing up at the stadium at 9:00am. We'll all be warming up in the same general area, so I'm sure you will have no problem watching the other corps warm-up/rehearse.

The closest train station to the stadium is Omorikaigan (Keikyu Line)... or ryutsu center (Tokyo Monorail).

map: http://www.mapfan.com/index.cgi?MAP=E139.4...35.3.9&ZM=9

The stadium has a baseball and a red circle on top (far right).

PM me and I'll give you my cell phone number.

Edited by bari_benzo

I'll be there!!!!

^OO^

Will you also be at the Japan Cup next month?

Edited by bari_benzo

all info (minus a full list of who will be there) I posted here

http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/forums//ind...showtopic=83974

Unfortunately, I just check with my scheadule and found that I will stay in Tokyo just a few days ( 4-6 Oct ) and head to Osaka and live in that area until 16th of October. That 's mean, I won 't able to attend the Tokyo Drum Corps 's activities .... :(

Do you guys know about that area, Osaka ? Is there any drum corps, community marching band( similar to Aimachi and Soka ) and drum corps or marching event ?

Marching in Okayama, Oct. 9th

http://www.marching-in-okayama.net/

just curious that,

how far from Osaka to Okayama? I just 've been told from one of my friend in Tokyo that ".... possibly happen that 90% of Japanese you meet in every day life will not an English speaker. It doesn't mean that they can't speak, but they just don't wanna speak to foreiners......" I 'm trying to get a fastest lesson of Japanese communication, just for survive :) I just get some book of oftenly use conversation. Hopefully, it could help me.