Drum Corps Quotes - A little fun

'You PORK CHOP!".................Vince Bruni

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'You PORK CHOP!".................Vince Bruni

Bean Head was another favorite of Mr. B.

"We've upped out standards. Now, UP YOURS!"

Statesmen mellophones, can't remember the year.

Director and Caption head - "Hornline, we need MORE! That section and the hit need to be louder!"

So I did what I was told..

30 seconds later stops corps - "#### it (insert my last name here) this is not a #### soprano solo with drum corps accompaniment. You are all we can hear from the entire #### right side!'

Hey they said crank it up.. :P Yeah I was that guy that day.

In the 1976 Scouts "first show" Jimmy Elvord described the tymp. entrance onto the field

(intro to Shaft) as sounding like "garbage cans falling off the back of a garbage truck".

I also remember at our first show in 1976 after playing Fred Sanford's "Pick up the Pieces"

drum solo (with horns) there was dead silence until someone in the crowd stood up and

screamed "what the h*ll was that".

In the 1976 Scouts "first show" Jimmy Elvord described the tymp. entrance onto the field

(intro to Shaft) as sounding like "garbage cans falling off the back of a garbage truck".

I also remember at our first show in 1976 after playing Fred Sanford's "Pick up the Pieces"

drum solo (with horns) there was dead silence until someone in the crowd stood up and

screamed "what the h*ll was that".

hahaha! b**bs

I thought this might be a little fun. When we were kids, (or some of us who still play), we hear things from our instructors that may, or may not be only in DrumCorps. A few;

"#########!! This is REHEARSAL, you practice at HOME!!!!"

"Time is not a magazine"

"Your OTHER left"

"What was THAT??!!"

"Where's the fire?" (when things sped up.)

"At least the hands still work." (marching)

If this has been done before, I apologize, but I thought we could have some fun.

B) ^0^ b**bs b**bs

Rock On!!

And there are also many other things which Director did,the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the replies that should be fed. Amen.

Terrance

The first time I heard our Canadian brass staff say the words "mouth, out, about" or end a sentence with "eh?" I thought all that was a myth from South Park. :sleep:

I recall a time when Dave MacKinnon explained the "Tango" to us during the season and used an attractive baritone players as an example. :sshh:

" What is your problem? - apparently our rehersals aren't slow enough for you...MOVE !!!!"

Just remembered another one.

"Contras and Baris, I want the sound in that section to be thick and oozing like lava or a monkeys ###".

We lost it! Then he told us this story about when he was student teaching he had to go on a field trip to a Zoo and a story about an ape house and how the little kids reacted to a babby ape that stuck a finger up momas ape's behind".

So we renamed that part of the show, Ape House.

Later that day...

Set it up at Ape House!!!! Our percussion guy turned to the horn guy and said "You told the THAT story".