best & worst guard "uniforms" of '06

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i did not read any posts and i am going to say that probably the most worst uniforms wil go to scouts.

Madison Scouts are a bit more colorful than Troopers don't you think i mean Troopers look like Exh. forever.

Terrance

Favorites:

Cavies: Distinctive and perfect for the show.

Madison: Distinctive and perfect for the show.

Crown: Understated, functional design, beautiful color looked great with the flags

Capital Regiment (closer): Bright colors looked great with the flags

Least Favorites:

Cadets: Liked the fabric but one of the styles was pretty dowdy

Spirit: Dull, strange styles, didn’t like the sideline striptease on finals night and the arms dangling if the member didn't get the arms tied around their waist properly.

SCV: Really couldn’t figure them out

Southwind (orange): buttcrack

Phantom (females): buttcrack

It was either a very good year or a bad one for guard costumes, depending upon your point of view...

On the good side, the costumes were, for the most part, tasteful. Nothing stood out to me as garish, outlandish or completely cringe-inducing (remember lavendar togas and lime green Ninja turtles of a few years ago.)

On the other hand, nothing stood out, period. I don't recall a single design having particularly caught my eye nor were any of the outfits very memorable. As I type this, I'm having a really hard time calling to mind what some guards wore at all. Some of the designs were so understated (SCV, PR, Spirit) as to be almost non-existent.

You know, I pretty much agree with that. It was a pretty good year overall. Very little brightly-colored spandex, except for those orange things (Southwind, right?). But you didn't think that the Cavaliers guard uniforms "stood out" ... ? B)

The Cavaliers TRON costumes were probably my favorite. Crown's get honorable mention. Very nice. And I actually did like Madison's, too.

My least favorite was the orange spandex.

GUARD UNIFORMS I LIKED....

-Cavaliers, Totally fit the show, looked great

-Capital Regiment, Their closer uniforms were amazing, combined with the silk colors, it was AWESOME

-Crossmen, very modern and crisp

-Phantom, awesome!!

GUARD UNIFORMS I DIDNT LIKE THAT MUCH...

-The Cadets, I didn't hate them, but I can't even remember what the non-character guard people wore

-Blue Stars, The design was nice, but the colors were really, really off

-Blue Stars, The design was nice, but the colors were really, really off

Wow you are the first person I know who said that. In the first thread about costumes a lot of people liked 'em.

Liked:

Cadets, yeah PJs make sense, it was a dream type of show....appropriate. If you got close up to them they look even better....but how many people here did besides me? I like the blue they used as well in the unis.....

BD lookin sharp! just what the show called for.

Blue Stars: Interesting color palette, classy and soft.

BK: Looked great on the field in slight contrast to the unis of the brass and percussion.....very dark yet the color could be seen from the stands.

Disliked/Hated

Cavaliers.....yuck. Good concept poor execution, too junkyard like, it looked like headgear for braces or a broken jaw as well

Madison: Whats with the necklaces that look like carrots or orange dreads? They had headwear as well and I wasn't feelin it.

PR: What is with the arm silk looking things? Distracting and tacky.