Howdy, folks.

Yes she's quite talented.

not that it matters, but since gorgo mentioned it, I found an article...and it was her father-in-law that inspired the song...so I had that detail wrong.

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/apps/pbcs.dl...D=2006604140301

but back on topic, welcome to the site!

not that it matters, but since gorgo mentioned it, I found an article...and it was her father-in-law that inspired the song...so I had that detail wrong.

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/apps/pbcs.dl...D=2006604140301

but back on topic, welcome to the site!

Wow...sounds like she has had a very rewarding life.

Oh, and thanks!

I've gotta share the craziest coincidence here on the link to that news article. . . :unsure:

I've been in Newark a ton of times - my brother and his family live in the NE section of Licking County (Newark is the county seat) so I'm pretty familiar with the environs, also from having grown up in the Marietta area and knowing SE OH pretty much like the back of my hand.

But that's not the crazy part. . .

I currently work at The Cincinnati Enquirer - major metro daily paper - in the IT division. Not long ago our parent company Gannett bought up most of the smaller papers in Central and Northern OH, including, you guessed it, the Newark Advocate, now part of NNCO - the Newspaper Network for Central Ohio. So the Newark Advocate is a "sister" paper of ours.

And the business system computer that holds the major business data for those NNCO newspapers (including Newark) sits in our computer room here in Cincinnati. So, my department maintains a significant portion of their computing power. I help out on that system from time to time.

I'm not sure where the Newark Advocate website emanates from, but it wouldn't surprise me if that one were in our computer room as well. I'll check at work tomorrow to find out where NNCO websites are stored/maintained.

I had no idea the songwriter lives within shouting distance. . . :)

Thanks for sharing the link! B)