Ideas for a Blue Devils show

JamMan

i still the coolest show would be something kind of like a mix of 2000 and 95.

the show..

A Journey Lost. Into the Mind of a Mad Man.

A story of a war fought not on the battlegrounds, but in the mind. Follow the trail of one man as he lives his life day by day, in a battle that can only end in defeat. A life that has many ups and downs, happiness followed by anger, and joy chased away by fear.

In 2007, follow the Blue Devils as they take you on a journey into the mind of a mad man, where anything and everything can happen. Follow them, and take note... for this journey will take you inside your own head.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still thinking, and hoping, for a maynard tribute show. Only BD or possibly Madison could pull it off with class, IMHO.

I'll throw my hat in the ring with:

"The Chase"

An all Bill Chase show. The music speaks for itself, but given the title, I think some pretty cool program and drill ideas could emerge.

I know that Freelancers did a Bill Chase show in '93, but I have always thought it would be a perfect match for the BD flash and style.

Duke Ellington?

DEFINITELY. I doubt I'm ever going to get it, but I really wish a corps would do a Duke Ellington show. Of all the corps that play jazz, and never to touch the master of the genre? And I don't mean stuff like "Take the A Train" and "Satin Doll", I mean Chinoserie, Diminuendo and Crecendo in Blue, Moon Indigo, and tons of other pieces that are great but drum corps seem to have ignored.

I'm still thinking, and hoping, for a maynard tribute show. Only BD or possibly Madison could pull it off with class, IMHO.

I was thinking that as soon as I saw the title of the thread, but Madison would also be a contender in the DCI ranks.

Back to the jazz!

I believe Blue Devils need to get back to playing Jazz. My idea for a while has been that the Blue Devils should have a Jazz Composition contest. With Wayne Downey and the rest of the staff being the judges. The winners composition would be performed by the Blue Devils during the season on the field. With all the great Jazz schools like Berklee College of Music and North Texas State etc I think they would be able to get some great original Jazz compositions and ideas out of it. Of course Wayne would probably have to arrange it to corpsize it but I think that would be cool. The corps could offer a package to the winner. Maybe a cash prize along with 2 tickets to DCI Championship Finals etc.