2006 Inspires video

InspaDave

:unsure:

WOW!!!!

If they'd brought this show to DCA, it would have brought the house down...even in the rain!

Out *******standing..I'm like a lot of the rest, I sure hope they can get back again.

Domo Arigato Inspires!

Pat

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got a chance to see the video. Great treatment of Malaguena. Something different than anything heard beore. You gotta love the entire show, but that ending just slays me.

I finally got a chance to see the video. Great treatment of Malaguena. Something different than anything heard beore. You gotta love the entire show, but that ending just slays me.

Thanks for the good thoughts!

Knowing thier past, when Ho decided on 'M,' you have to understand the pressure of following all the great and timeless versions that have been done over the years (even by Inspires themselves). The goal for me was to both pay homage to them and then hopefully find a new way to present it.

For you theory buffs - the middle section (in 3/4) is based on the inversion (turning upside down) of the original melody. The 'fugue' type section is based on the 'swing' section of the original - I simply turned the melody upside down and reversed it (retrograde inversion) for the structure. In other words, I went totally old school to hopefully create a new take on a classic.

As for the ending

:) :) :) :)

I like long, loud endings..

hee

r

Edited by ucfrellis

Knowing thier past, when Ho decided on 'M,' you have to understand the pressure of following all the great and timeless versions that have been done over the years (even by Inspires themselves). The goal for me was to both pay homage to them and then hopefully find a new way to present it.

For you theory buffs - the middle section (in 3/4) is based on the inversion (turning upside down) of the original melody. The 'fugue' type section is based on the 'swing' section of the original - I simply turned the melody upside down and reversed it (retrograde inversion) for the structure. In other words, I went totally old school to hopefully create a new take on a classic.

As for the ending

hee

r

Ron,

As always great arrangement. I've been able to see them 3 times so far this year. The first time I saw them at Japan Cup I jumped out of my seat on the first note. They really play the hell out of that book, both horns and drums, what a great corps. You have to see them live to really appreciate the power of this corps.

As for the ending

hee

r

Ron, if only all arrangers in this drum corps world of ours thought the way you did, not only would they be sinister and evil, but it would sure make my days more exciting and a lot brighter :)

I don't think Teal Sound has the foggiest idea what they have aquired ^0^

Watching this again makes me want to march there more than ever before. If they ever bring this to DCA I hope they wait until 2008, when I will be able to march there again.

Ron, again that is a genius arrangement. You took on a difficult task and more than succeded. Could you ever find a way to add a couple of extra minutes to make it fit the minimum show length time?

Edited by InspaDave