Contra Gal!

ContraEH

Hey there!

This is Jocelyne (Bandette's contra player) just wondering if YOU think girls can play contra?! :angry:

Keep on Keepin' on...eh! B)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defintiely... had a contra player in the 99 Blue Stars (marched CapitalAires before that) and she rocked... we actually have 2 in Carolina Gold this year

This is my 4th season marching corps, and my third on contra. I plan on aging out with 7 seasons on contrabass. Ihave had to deal with a lot of crap from many different people, saying that i couldnt' handle it. I actually first auditioned for a corps because an ex band director said that I couldn't handle it, that I was too small and that "girls don't play contra". Well, I'm 5'1'' 125lbs, and marched one of the largest horns in DCI last season, along with another really awesome chic who was about my size. I don't think that contrachics get enough recognition. Anyways, I was getting a little off topic, but anyone who says that chics can't march contra, I'd tell them to check out the bandettes, or just about any corps,so many now have chics in their lines. I've met soo many ###### contrachics over the years, and become grat friends with a lot of them. ......Just wondering, how many contrachics post on DCP? ......maybe we could get together, and one day....take over the world ^0^ or maybe just chat :P

We have one currently at Bush and have had several throughout our history. They rule!

Edited by DMCK

I deffinetly think girls could own a contra, they firickin have babies for cryin out loud, a contra is like a kitten to having 38 hours of labor

WHOA.

I pity the poor chick who has to go through 38 hours of labor.. *shudders* she must be having like, quintuplets or something. Just carrying them would suck.

As a sop chick, yeah. I have enough trouble holding that sucker up! jk But I have mad respect for the contra and euph chicks. I can't even hold a euph at playing position for longer than 10 seconds before my arms turn to jelly. There was also one at BK this year, one at PR in 00, hrmm.. I can't think of anywhere else..

how long have you been marching there, eh, Jocelyn? I remember hearing someone tell me about Bandette's contra chick back in like.. 00..

how long have you been marching there, eh, Jocelyn? I remember hearing someone tell me about Bandette's contra chick back in like.. 00..

Ya! That was me! I've been on contra since DCI tour in '98, marching Bandettes still! And all I have to say is.. IT KIKS!

(If only I could get another FEMALE contra cool enough for Bandettes..if you're out there... e-mail me... I know you want to)

keep on keepin' on

JoCeLyNe