2007 DCJ Championships

Eddie

I agree with Bob there, though the show was nothing short of exciting. Both Scouts and Phoenix had more symphonic feel to their show I think, something that is more or less the norm now for corps in the states, I think.

Inspires visual was much improved from last year.

Edited by bari_benzo

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the extreme pleasure of shaking hands with Ted Turner on Sunday. Great guy. He judged the I&E brass ensemble competition on Saturday as well. Very effective and positive comments were given to every ensemble.

I was amazed at how nervous I was at I&E though. That was only the second time I think I've done an I&E performance... first time being in high school some 10 or so years ago. But after our performance, Ted Turner's wife (at least, I think that's who she was) who was sitting with him gave me this wonderful smile that really set my nerves at ease when we walked up for critique.

Sunday, I was really relaxed. A few of us stayed in Yokohama overnight, which really added to the overall weekend experience. After our performance, it was nice to just be able to sit down and enjoy the performances, something I wasn't able to do as either a member or staff of Yamato. Ogiwara-san has become one of my favorite people to run into. I ran into Satoshi Moromi (former Yamato brass caption head) also and got have a conversation with him. Bob Lancy too.

Sunday was also my last day with the Lancers as I'm moving over to the kansai region in the spring.

Edited by bari_benzo

Some Photos from I & E on Saturday

Kosei Refinado Drum & Bugle Corps @ I & E Minicorps Competition

KR_DCJIE07.JPG

The Yokohama Scouts Front Ensemble

YS_DCJIE07.JPG

Yokohama Inspires Minicorps

YI_DCJIE07.JPG

Sonic Lancers Soprano Sextet warming up for I & E Brass Ensemble

SL_DCJIE07.JPG

Where are the I&E results?

I find inspires very exciting musically.

:P

r

Thanks for all the news from Japan. One of these days I'd love to go to see DCJ.

Inspires and other Japanese corps -- Come back to DCA anytime.